Solar golf cart electrical question

In summary, the speaker is working on a final year project to design and build a solar golf cart. They have a system in mind for the electrical part of the design, which includes a 200W PV panel, solar regulator, 6 6V DC batteries, and a 24V DC motor. They are seeking clarification on whether these components will work together as a system.
Jassy
I have a final year project which is to design and build a solar golf cart. I have system for the electrical part of the design in mind, I would just like some clearance on whether these components will actually work. Here goes, this is what i was thinking of:
1. 1 x 200W PV Panel
2. 1 x Solar regulator
3. 6 x 6V DC Batteries
4. 1 x 24V DC Motor

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Jassy said:
... I would just like some clearance on whether these components will actually work...

Are you asking if will they work together as a system? We have no way to know without seeing the design.

Related to Solar golf cart electrical question

1. What is a solar golf cart?

A solar golf cart is a type of electric golf cart that is powered by solar energy. It uses solar panels to collect sunlight and convert it into electricity, which is then used to power the cart's motor.

2. How does a solar golf cart work?

A solar golf cart works by using solar panels to collect sunlight. The sunlight is then converted into electricity through a process called the photovoltaic effect. The electricity is then stored in a battery and used to power the cart's motor, allowing it to move.

3. Can a solar golf cart be used in all weather conditions?

Yes, a solar golf cart can be used in all weather conditions. However, its performance may be affected by factors such as cloud cover or rain. Generally, the more sunlight available, the more efficient the solar panels will be in collecting energy.

4. How far can a solar golf cart travel on a single charge?

The distance a solar golf cart can travel on a single charge depends on factors such as the size and efficiency of the solar panels, the capacity of the battery, and the terrain it is being used on. On average, a solar golf cart can travel up to 25 miles on a single charge.

5. Can a solar golf cart be charged using electricity?

Yes, a solar golf cart can be charged using electricity. In addition to using solar power, most solar golf carts also have the option to be charged using a traditional electric outlet. This can be useful for days with limited sunlight or for those who want to charge their cart overnight.