So, I finally decided to give to PF, but all they take is PayPal

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of different forms of payment, specifically credit cards, on the website. The individuals share their experiences with Paypal and offer tips on how to use it without creating an account. They also express their gratitude for the website and its features.
Saladsamurai
Are there any plans to accept different forms of payment, i.e, credit cards, in the near future? From my experience, dealing with Paypal has not been my cup of tea.

It is, however, something I am willing to do, if it is the only way, seeing as PF has given me so much help without expecting anything in return.

Thanks guys,
Casey

Physics news on Phys.org
Send a message to Greg, you can send him a check or money order via the mail.

I used my credit card. you don't have to actually create a paypal account, I forget what the option was but paypal let's you just use your credit card without creating an account. it was somewhere on the main page with all the info.

moe darklight said:
I used my credit card. you don't have to actually create a paypal account, I forget what the option was but paypal let's you just use your credit card without creating an account. it was somewhere on the main page with all the info.

So I just start off by using the Paypal button and take it from there? Cool! Thanks guys!

Casey

Saladsamurai said:
So I just start off by using the Paypal button and take it from there? Cool! Thanks guys!

Casey

Yep, that's how I do it too. If you start getting questions that sound like you're creating an account (creating a username and password), cancel out before completing the transaction (Paypal has had glitches before, and you might have hit a wrong button). If you just want to pay one time with a credit card, you don't need to create any sort of account with Paypal. If you can't figure it out, you can always PM Greg about it.

Moonbear said:
Yep, that's how I do it too. If you start getting questions that sound like you're creating an account (creating a username and password), cancel out before completing the transaction (Paypal has had glitches before, and you might have hit a wrong button). If you just want to pay one time with a credit card, you don't need to create any sort of account with Paypal. If you can't figure it out, you can always PM Greg about it.

Sweet. I got my gold letters!

OOh all gold! Isn't it cool. :biggrin:

Welcome to the gold club! :biggrin:

now you know THE secret.

I've said too much.
stonecutters_song_1.jpg

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks very much Saladsamurai! :smile:

No! Thank you! This site is amazing...'nuff said!

Casey

Related to So, I finally decided to give to PF, but all they take is PayPal

What is PF?

PF stands for "PayPal Funds." It is a method of payment that is processed through the online platform PayPal.

Why does PF only accept PayPal?

There could be various reasons why PF only accepts PayPal. One reason could be that PayPal is a widely used and trusted online payment system. Another reason could be that PF's administrators have found PayPal to be the most efficient and secure method for processing funds.

Can I use a credit card to donate to PF through PayPal?

Yes, you can use a credit card to donate to PF through PayPal. When you click on the "Donate" button, you will be directed to the PayPal website where you can choose to pay with your PayPal account or with a credit or debit card.

Do I need a PayPal account to donate to PF?

No, you do not necessarily need a PayPal account to donate to PF. However, if you choose to pay with a credit or debit card, you will still be required to provide your email address and billing information to complete the transaction.

Is PayPal the only way to donate to PF?

Currently, PayPal is the only accepted method of donation for PF. However, you can contact PF's administrators to inquire about other possible methods of donation.