Smashing Electrones: Can You Do It? - Mike Clarke

• Thread starter mike clarke
  • Start date
In summary, Mike Clarke is asking if smashing two electrons together at close to the speed of light could create new particles. So far, none of the search engines have been able to provide a definitive answer.
mike clarke
hey all new to the forums

and i was wondering can you? if so what will happen is you smash electrones ?

cheers
mike clarke

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean specifically by smash? Electrons are elementary - they can't be broken up.

I was wondering , you know how when they collide particles in an accelerator that their kinetic energy can turn into mass , I know electrons are elementary particles but if we collided 2 electrons at near the speed of light could their kinetic energy give off new particles , but we would still retain the 2 electrons of course .

mike clarke said:
hey all new to the forums

and i was wondering can you? if so what will happen is you smash electrones ?

cheers
mike clarke

Smash electrons at what?

LEP at CERN, before it was decommissioned to build the LHC, was an electron-positron collider.

Electrons are also used to "smash" at stationary targets to produce x-rays in your doctor's office.

You need to be a bit less vague with your question for the rest of us to answer what your question.

Zz.

cragar said:
I was wondering , you know how when they collide particles in an accelerator that their kinetic energy can turn into mass , I know electrons are elementary particles but if we collided 2 electrons at near the speed of light could their kinetic energy give off new particles , but we would still retain the 2 electrons of course .
apologies for being so vague i was but basically this guy has the question i was meaning to try to ask..

i am working on a theory about something that is quite puzzling to some and lots choose to just ignore and disbelieve.. basically how the "nazi bell" Could work and if it could..

Have you tried google? (electron-electron collision).

mathman said:
Have you tried google? (electron-electron collision).

you but none of them answered the question.

Related to Smashing Electrones: Can You Do It? - Mike Clarke

What is "Smashing Electrones: Can You Do It?"

"Smashing Electrones: Can You Do It?" is a book written by Mike Clarke that explores the world of particle physics and the possibility of smashing electrons together to create new particles.

Who is Mike Clarke?

Mike Clarke is a scientist and author who specializes in particle physics and has written several books on the subject.

What is particle physics?

Particle physics is the branch of physics that studies the nature of particles and their interactions. It involves understanding the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern them.

Why is smashing electrons together important?

Smashing electrons together can help us understand the fundamental laws of nature and how particles interact. It can also lead to the discovery of new particles and advance our understanding of the universe.

Can anyone smash electrons together?

No, smashing electrons together requires expensive and specialized equipment, as well as a deep understanding of particle physics. It is typically done by trained scientists at large research facilities, such as CERN.