Small Typo on the Homepage

• Bug
  • Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
In summary, there was a typo in the title of a thread on a forum that was causing the homepage featured thread display to also show the typo. SuperTitleSpellingMan, a user on the forum, noticed the typo and fixed it. Another user mentioned being sensitive to typos and other visual errors, such as incorrect aspect ratios on television screens.
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Capture.JPG

Please, check and correct this. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't need to. They don't bother me.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The typo was in the title of the original thread. Correcting it there did not propagate through to the homepage "featured thread" display.

And it appears that SuperTitleSpellingMan, who is always lurking in the shadows waiting until we summon him in the hour of our most dire need, has come through for us again! It is fixed.

Likes UsableThought and Charles Link
Yes, I had noticed the typo too - thank goodness it's now fixed and I can once again load the home page without needing to avoid looking at the banner area!

I am neurotically over-sensitive to that sort of thing & have given similar nudges on other forums. And it's not just typos or spelling, but visual stuff too - e.g. whether the TV aspect ratio is correct on our Enormously Wide Screen TV in the living room. Sometimes it gets out of whack for a particular channel, and where my wife will happily watch for hours without being bothered by squashed or stretched heads, I freak out when I walk into the room & have to fix it immediately.

Related to Small Typo on the Homepage

1. What is a small typo on the homepage?

A small typo on the homepage refers to a minor error in spelling, grammar, or punctuation on the main page of a website.

2. How does a small typo on the homepage affect a website?

A small typo on the homepage may affect the credibility and professionalism of a website. It may also cause confusion for visitors and potentially impact their overall perception of the website.

3. How can I fix a small typo on the homepage?

To fix a small typo on the homepage, access the website's content management system or HTML code and make the necessary corrections. It is important to proofread the changes before saving them to ensure accuracy.

4. Is it necessary to fix a small typo on the homepage?

While it may seem like a minor issue, fixing a small typo on the homepage is important for maintaining a professional and polished online presence. It shows attention to detail and can improve the overall user experience.

5. Can a small typo on the homepage be prevented?

Yes, small typos on the homepage can be prevented by proofreading and editing content before publishing it. It is also helpful to have multiple people review the content to catch any potential errors. Additionally, regularly updating and reviewing website content can help prevent small typos from appearing.