Simulation low frequency ferrite core recieving antenna

In summary, the conversation discusses a request for suggestions or experiences in simulating a low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna. The antenna pattern will be a simple dipole and the desired simulation is for calculating gain and pattern. The use of CST EM studio is mentioned, but it may not provide accurate results for a figure-8 pattern. The suggestion is to model a single turn around the middle of the ferrite rod and if issues persist, to share the model and results for further assistance.
ehsan211
Hi everybody
i want to simulate, low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna . but i can't find a good and complete software or method to do this.
what is your suggestion or experience?
thanks for your attention.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

We need more details to give better advice.
What frequency band will you cover?

What simulation do you require? Antenna pattern or electrical interface?

The antenna pattern will be a simple dipole.
You can model the ferrite rod as an inductor or a transformer with inductance.

thank you.
frequency=100khz
i want to calculate Gain and pattern and i try to do this with CST EM studio. but it can'nt give me a correct figure-8 pattern.

The modelling of a multi-turn coil with a ferrite rod core will be difficult with FEM. Some things are better approximated by simpler models.

The radiation pattern will be a figure 8 just like a small loop.
I would suggest you try to model a single turn about the middle of the ferrite rod.

If you cannot get that to work, post the model and poor result as attachments to a post.

Related to Simulation low frequency ferrite core recieving antenna

1. What is a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna?

A simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna is an antenna that uses a ferrite core to receive low frequency signals. The ferrite core helps to amplify the signal and improve its quality.

2. How does a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna work?

The ferrite core in the antenna acts as a transformer, increasing the voltage and current of the received signal. This allows for better reception of low frequency signals.

3. What are the advantages of using a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna?

One advantage is that it can improve the signal quality of low frequency signals, which can be difficult to receive with traditional antennas. Additionally, the ferrite core can help to filter out unwanted noise, resulting in a clearer signal.

4. Can a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna be used for all types of low frequency signals?

No, it is important to choose the correct ferrite core material and size for the specific frequency range you want to receive. Different materials and sizes will have different frequency ranges in which they are most effective.

5. Is it difficult to set up a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna?

As with any antenna, proper installation is important for optimal performance. However, with the right materials and instructions, setting up a simulation low frequency ferrite core receiving antenna should not be overly difficult.