Simple planner/organizer that runs in windows

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a simple planner/organizer that runs on Windows and includes an alarm feature. The original program mentioned may have been accidentally deleted, but it was found again through backup files. The program is called Date-Manager from Gator and is known to have spyware and display pop-up ads. There is a suggestion to look for better software, but ultimately the original program is put back in use.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know a simple planner/organizer that runs in windows and will give an alarm at set timepoints?

(I accidentally seem to have removed the one that was there .. no clue what it was called)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Found it after going through the backup files :rolleyes:

It was date-manager from the Gator company (no wonder it got deleted)

I'm pretty sure the Outlook that comes with MS Office chas a planner/organizer. Are you sure that wasn't the program you were using?

[edit] Yuck, are you talking about this program:

http://www.date-manager.com/

"This software also occasionally displays pop up ads on your computer screen based on your online behavior."

I would look for something better than some spyware ridden software

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's the program. It's my dad's computer and he immediately noticed it was gone from the taskbar :rolleyes: I've look for some software at ZDNet but didn't find any straightforward ones, so I've just put that one back out. It should be fine :)

Related to Simple planner/organizer that runs in windows

1. What is a simple planner/organizer that runs in Windows and how does it work?

A simple planner/organizer that runs in Windows is a digital tool that allows users to manage and organize their daily tasks, events, and appointments. It works by providing a user-friendly interface for individuals to input their schedules and reminders, and it also has features such as color-coding, notifications, and options for recurring events.

2. Is a simple planner/organizer in Windows easy to use for beginners?

Yes, a simple planner/organizer in Windows is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, making it suitable for beginners. It typically has a clean and organized layout, with easy-to-use features that require minimal learning curve.

3. Can I sync my simple planner/organizer in Windows with my other devices?

Yes, many simple planner/organizer programs in Windows offer the option to sync with other devices such as smartphones and tablets. This allows for easy access and updates across different platforms and ensures that you always have your schedule with you.

4. Are there customizable options for a simple planner/organizer in Windows?

Yes, most simple planner/organizer programs in Windows offer customizable options to fit the user's specific needs. This can include the ability to create different categories, set reminders and alerts, and choose different layouts and designs.

5. Can I share my simple planner/organizer with others?

Yes, many simple planner/organizer programs in Windows have the option to share your schedule with others, either through email or by creating a shared calendar. This can be useful for coordinating events and tasks with colleagues, family, or friends.