Signal flow graph for two-port network

In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding a figure in an application note on low-noise amplifier stability from Maxim. The question asks for clarification on why the left diagram is equal to the right one in Figure 2.4 and if node a2 depends on the input bs. The response clarifies that the change from the left to the right diagram only requires calculating b2 as a function of bs.
anhnha
Hi, this is part of an application note entitled "Low-Noise Amplifier Stability Concept to Practical Considerations" from Maxim.
Could you help me with the question in the picture? Thanks.

Source: http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/1849

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67016&stc=1&d=1393322023

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you please give us a little more information.
Which figure or diagram are you referring to ?
What is your actual question ?

Thank you. I thought I figured it out.
My confusion was from why the left diagram is equal to the right one in Figure 2.4. I was told that node a2 doesn't depend on the input bs and therefore to change from left diagram to the right one all I need is to calculate b2 as a function of bs.

Related to Signal flow graph for two-port network

1. What is a signal flow graph for a two-port network?

A signal flow graph for a two-port network is a graphical representation of the input-output relationships of a two-port network. It shows how signals flow through the network, highlighting the different components and their connections.

2. How is a signal flow graph useful in analyzing a two-port network?

A signal flow graph allows for a visual representation of the network, making it easier to understand and analyze. It helps in identifying the different components and their roles, and also in determining the overall transfer function of the network.

3. What are the basic elements of a signal flow graph for a two-port network?

The basic elements of a signal flow graph for a two-port network include nodes, branches, and gains. Nodes represent the different components of the network, branches represent the connections between components, and gains represent the transfer function or the magnitude of the signal at a particular node.

4. How can a signal flow graph be used to find the overall transfer function of a two-port network?

A signal flow graph can be used to find the overall transfer function of a two-port network by applying the Mason's gain formula. This formula allows for the calculation of the overall transfer function by considering all possible paths from the input to the output.

5. What are the advantages of using a signal flow graph for a two-port network?

The use of a signal flow graph for a two-port network has several advantages. It provides a visual representation of the network, making it easier to understand and analyze. It also allows for the identification of critical components and their roles in the network. Additionally, it can be used to calculate the overall transfer function and determine the stability of the network.