Sigma tab: LaTeX Reference broken

In summary, the user encountered a bug while trying to use the Latex reference in the H/W forum. The tab feature did not work and the user asked if this was a bug. Another user confirmed experiencing the same issue and mentioned it also did not work in other forums. The original user thanked the person who reported the bug and was informed that it would be fixed the next day. The issue has since been resolved.
Darth Frodo
Hi guys, when I was trying to post something in the H/W forum and tried to use the Latex reference I could press the tab, but nothing happened.

Is this a bug?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

Darth Frodo said:
Hi guys, when I was trying to post something in the H/W forum and tried to use the Latex reference I could press the tab, but nothing happened.

Is this a bug?

Thanks!

I just tried it in H/w forum and it doesn't work for me, windows 8 preview, firefox 15.

Edit: It doesn't work anywhere apparently, well I tried a couple of the math forums and the maths and physics homework sections.

Little bug, I will squash later today.

Thanks Greg!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Little bug, I will squash later today.
Not squashed yet!

LaTeX Reference works again!

Related to Sigma tab: LaTeX Reference broken

1. What is Sigma tab?

Sigma tab is a feature in LaTeX, a typesetting system commonly used in scientific and technical fields, that allows for the insertion of mathematical symbols and equations into documents.

2. How do I access the Sigma tab?

The Sigma tab can be accessed by clicking on the "Insert" tab in the LaTeX editor and then selecting "Symbols" or "Equations" from the drop-down menu.

3. Why is the LaTeX reference broken?

The LaTeX reference for Sigma tab may be broken due to a missing or incorrect package or command in the document. It could also be caused by a technical issue with the software or platform being used.

4. How can I fix the broken LaTeX reference for Sigma tab?

To fix a broken LaTeX reference for Sigma tab, first check that all necessary packages and commands are correctly included in the document. If the issue persists, try updating the software or platform being used, or seek assistance from a technical expert.

5. Can I use Sigma tab with other typesetting systems?

Sigma tab is a feature unique to LaTeX and may not be available in other typesetting systems. However, some programs may have similar features or plugins that allow for the insertion of mathematical symbols and equations.