Sharing PF with Professors: A Trend Among Students?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses whether anyone has told their professors about the online forum PF (Physics Forums). One person mentions telling a couple of professors and using the fact that well-known physicists also post on the forum to encourage them to join. Another person mentions not having a professor currently but has shown 2 professors the forum in the past. The conversation also includes a humorous comment about wanting to keep their post count at a specific number.
Whos told their professors about PF? Anyone? :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Why would we do that? They would come here to see who did our homework for us... just look at the math forum, one guy posted a take home test; seriously.

Just realized my post count is 420 :biggrin:

I've told a couple. They never posted, but this will remind me to get on their cases. Now that Carlo Rovelli and John Baez post here, I can say to them, "Come on, all the cool kids are doing it. You don't want to be square, do ya?"

Tom Mattson said: . . ."Come on, all the cool kids are doing it. You don't want to be square, do ya?"
LOL! :biggrin:

I don't have a professor, but I'm in intermittent contact with one, depending on my scholastic endevours. I have shown 2 professors, however.

Paden Roder

Related to Sharing PF with Professors: A Trend Among Students?

1. Who can tell their professors?

Anyone can tell their professors. Whether you are a student, a colleague, or a member of the community, you have the ability to communicate with your professors.

2. When should I tell my professor something?

You should tell your professor something as soon as it is relevant or necessary. If you have a question or concern about class material, it is best to bring it up during office hours or after class. If you have a personal issue that may affect your academic performance, it is important to inform your professor as soon as possible.

3. How should I tell my professor something?

The best way to communicate with your professor is in a respectful and professional manner. This could be through email, during office hours, or after class. It is important to be clear and concise in your communication and to avoid using inappropriate language.

4. What should I tell my professor?

You should tell your professor anything that may affect your academic performance or your ability to succeed in the class. This could include personal issues, medical concerns, or questions about the course material. It is important to communicate openly and honestly with your professor in order to receive the support and assistance you need.

5. Is it important to tell my professor anything about myself?

While it is not necessary to share personal information with your professor, it can be beneficial in certain situations. For example, if you have a disability or learning difference, informing your professor can help them make accommodations for you. Additionally, sharing your interests and goals with your professor can help them better understand you as a student and provide more personalized support. However, the decision to share personal information is ultimately up to you.