Seeking Hindi Language Guidance?

• Thread starter ranger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a Hindi-speaking member on a forum to help someone learn the language. They are specifically looking for help with sentence structure and grammar, and prefer to communicate through email or text chat. The other person offers to help and provides some online resources for learning Hindi.
ranger
Gold Member
Hey,

Are there any PF members that speak Hindi? I'm trying to learn Hindi (no devanagari script as yet) and have made some decent progress. I would like to ask questions regarding the Hindi language. Its mostly about sentence structure and grammar; rarely is it about direct translation. I would like to communicate via email and/or text chat.

Please let me know if you'd like to help.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yea sure. I know a fair bit of hindi. You can PM me if u have any doubt...

Related to Seeking Hindi Language Guidance?

1. What is the origin of the Hindi language?

The Hindi language originated in the Indian subcontinent, specifically in the regions of Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and Haryana. It evolved from the ancient language of Sanskrit and has been influenced by various languages over time.

2. How many people speak Hindi?

According to the Ethnologue database, it is estimated that over 341 million people speak Hindi as their first language worldwide. It is also spoken by millions of people as a second language.

3. Is Hindi the same as Urdu?

Hindi and Urdu are closely related languages and share many similarities. They both evolved from the same language, Sanskrit, and have similar grammar and vocabulary. However, they are written in different scripts and have some differences in vocabulary due to cultural and historical influences.

4. Can non-native speakers learn Hindi?

Yes, anyone can learn Hindi regardless of their native language. However, it may be more challenging for non-native speakers as it is a complex language with different sounds and a new writing system. With dedication and practice, it is possible to learn and speak Hindi fluently.

5. Is Hindi a difficult language to learn?

The difficulty of learning Hindi may vary from person to person. For native speakers of languages with similar grammar structures, it may be easier to learn. However, for speakers of languages with different grammar and writing systems, it may take more time and effort to become proficient in Hindi.