Search with AND + operator in title of thread

• Thread starter xyver
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the use of the AND operator in a forum search. The user is looking for a way to search for specific words in the title of a subject, and suggests adding the feature if it does not already exist. They are advised that currently only Gold members can use Boolean searches, but there is a workaround using Google search through the forum. The user expresses concern that this workaround does not explicitly search in the title.
xyver
Hello,

I am looking (searching :) ) for a possibility to use the AND operator, for example find all of the following words in the title of a subject in this forum:
integral density operator
integral AND density AND operator
+integral +density +operator. There is already a thread referring to google to search for these words in the whole thread.

If there isn't this feature, I propose you add it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, currently only Gold members can use Boolean searches. I would advise you to use the google search via PF in the search drop down. thanks!

xyver said:
Hello,

I am looking (searching :) ) for a possibility to use the AND operator, for example find all of the following words in the title of a subject in this forum:
integral density operator
integral AND density AND operator
+integral +density +operator. There is already a thread referring to google to search for these words in the whole thread.

If there isn't this feature, I propose you add it.

Click the "Search" link at the top of the page, and select Search PF with Google...

Does that work for you?

Ok, so this is restricted to gold members.
Yes, google is a workaround, but that does not search explicitly in the title.

Related to Search with AND + operator in title of thread

1. What does the AND + operator do in a search?

The AND + operator is used to narrow down search results by requiring that all of the specified keywords appear in the search results. This can help to refine search results and make them more relevant to the user's query.

2. How do I use the AND + operator in a search?

To use the AND + operator in a search, simply type "AND" or "+" between the keywords you want to include in your search. For example, if you want to find articles about cats and dogs, you would type "cats AND dogs" or "cats + dogs" in the search bar.

3. Can I use the AND + operator with other search operators?

Yes, the AND + operator can be used in combination with other search operators, such as quotation marks or parentheses. This can help to further refine your search results and make them more specific.

4. Does the order of keywords matter when using the AND + operator?

No, the order of keywords does not matter when using the AND + operator. As long as all of the specified keywords appear in the search results, the order in which they are typed does not affect the results.

5. Are there any tips for using the AND + operator in a search?

One tip for using the AND + operator is to start with broader keywords and then add more specific keywords using the AND + operator to refine your search results. Additionally, you may want to use quotation marks around phrases or parentheses around sets of keywords to make your search even more targeted.