S parameters of Common base configuration

In summary, the conversation is about extracting s-parameters from a common base configuration. The person asks for examples and mentions textbooks as a possible source of information. However, there is some confusion as they initially mention h-parameters instead of s-parameters.
baby_1
Hello
I want to know it we have common Emitter s parameters how can we extract s parameters of common base configuration?if there is no problem give me some examples in converting
Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
baby_1 said:
Hello
I want to know it we have common Emitter s parameters how can we extract s parameters of common base configuration?if there is no problem give me some examples in converting
Thank you
Can be found in many relevant textbooks covering BJT basics.

Hello Dear Lvw
could you introduce me name of some of them?
Thanks

Sorry, I have mixed-up s-parameters (your question) and h-parameters.

Here's something that might be relevant.

Likes baby_1

Related to S parameters of Common base configuration

What are S parameters of Common base configuration?

S parameters, short for scattering parameters, are a set of complex numbers that describe the behavior of a linear electrical network. In the case of a common base configuration, they describe the relationship between the input and output voltages and currents of a transistor.

What is the significance of S parameters in Common base configuration?

S parameters allow us to analyze the performance and characteristics of a transistor in the common base configuration. They help us understand how the device responds to different input signals and how it affects the circuit it is a part of.

How are S parameters measured in Common base configuration?

S parameters are usually measured using a vector network analyzer (VNA). This instrument sends an input signal to the device and measures the resulting output signals at different frequencies. The data is then used to calculate the S parameters.

What is the difference between S parameters of Common base and Common emitter configurations?

The main difference between the S parameters of these two configurations is the position of the input and output ports. In common base, the input signal is applied to the emitter and the output signal is taken from the collector, while in common emitter, the input is at the base and the output is at the collector.

How do S parameters affect the design of common base amplifiers?

S parameters are crucial in the design of common base amplifiers as they determine the gain, stability, and frequency response of the circuit. By analyzing the S parameters, engineers can optimize the design for desired performance and characteristics.