Rolling Friction: Coefficient for Tire on Concrete

Read the results, there should be plenty of information available.In summary, the individual is seeking information on the coefficient of rolling friction for a small rubber tire on a concrete road. They have requested assistance in finding this information and have been directed to search for it on Google.
nickpark83
HI everyone who reads this,,

i need to know a simple thing, but i coudln't figure it bymyself..
what i need to know is coefficient of rolling friction

say,, a tire,(not vehicle,, just a small tire) on a concrete road
what would that be ? does anyone who knows??

it doesn't have to be accurte,, not including radius,.. just an average,
rubber wheel on concrete.

i would appreciate it
sincerely

Physics news on Phys.org
nickpark83 said:
HI everyone who reads this,,

i need to know a simple thing, but i coudln't figure it bymyself..
what i need to know is coefficient of rolling friction

say,, a tire,(not vehicle,, just a small tire) on a concrete road
what would that be ? does anyone who knows??

it doesn't have to be accurte,, not including radius,.. just an average,
rubber wheel on concrete.

i would appreciate it
sincerely
The majority of people on this site post in english...:rolleyes: Now, as for your question follow the instructions below;

1. Open a web browser
  2. Go to www.google.com
  3. Type in "coefficient of rolling friction tyre"
  4. Click "search"

I can provide you with the information you are looking for. The coefficient of rolling friction for a tire on concrete can vary depending on factors such as the type of rubber used for the tire, the texture of the concrete surface, and the weight of the tire. However, on average, the coefficient of rolling friction for a tire on concrete is around 0.015 to 0.025. This means that for every unit of force pushing the tire forward, there is a resistance force of 0.015 to 0.025 units acting against it. Keep in mind that this is a general estimate and may not be completely accurate for your specific situation. I hope this helps answer your question.

Related to Rolling Friction: Coefficient for Tire on Concrete

FAQs about Rolling Friction: Coefficient for Tire on Concrete

1. What is rolling friction and how does it relate to tires on concrete?

Rolling friction is the force that resists the motion of an object as it rolls over a surface. It is a type of kinetic friction and is caused by the deformation of the object and the surface it is rolling on. The coefficient for tire on concrete is a measure of the magnitude of this force specifically for tires rolling on concrete surfaces.

2. How is the coefficient for tire on concrete calculated?

The coefficient for tire on concrete is calculated by dividing the force of rolling friction by the weight of the tire. This can be determined experimentally by measuring the force required to keep a tire rolling at a constant speed on a concrete surface and dividing it by the weight of the tire.

3. What factors affect the coefficient for tire on concrete?

The coefficient for tire on concrete can be affected by various factors such as the type and condition of the tire, the type and condition of the concrete surface, the load on the tire, and the speed of the rolling tire. Additionally, the coefficient can also be affected by external factors such as temperature and humidity.

4. What is the typical range for the coefficient for tire on concrete?

The coefficient for tire on concrete can vary depending on the factors mentioned above, but typically falls within the range of 0.01 to 0.02. However, this value can be higher or lower depending on the specific conditions and variables involved.

5. Why is the coefficient for tire on concrete important?

The coefficient for tire on concrete is important because it helps determine the amount of rolling resistance a tire will experience on a concrete surface. This information is crucial in designing and selecting tires for different applications and can also impact factors such as fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.