Robotic Table Tennis Player: Selecting Motors for High Response

In summary, the conversation is about choosing motors for a robotic table tennis player project with a camera to detect ball motion and move the rackets accordingly. The recommended motors are brushless DC servo motors, which can be researched on manufacturer websites for information on peak torque and torque vs. speed curve.
l094400
Hi i want to work on robotic table tennis player. So i am confuse that which kind of motors should i use. I need high response motors.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Just off the top of my head, and without much knowledge of your application, it sounds like you want to use a brushless DC servo motor.

Ok. I try to explain you.
1. We need to choose final year project For which i have to submit my report on it
2. The project we decided is robotic table tennis player
3. There will be camera and it will detect the motion of ball
4. According to this motion we need to move our rackets

So my question is What kind of motors do we need for Fast response and medium torque?

Regards
Shoaib Akhtar

I maintain my answer from my previous post. Look up some brushless dc servo motors. Manufacturers websites typically have all the information you need, including peak torque and a torque vs. speed curve.

I would suggest considering motors that have high torque and fast response times. This will allow the robotic table tennis player to quickly react to the movements of the ball and return shots with precision. Additionally, motors with high precision and accuracy will also be important in order to accurately control the movements of the robotic player. It may also be beneficial to consider motors with variable speed control, as this can provide the flexibility needed for different types of shots in table tennis. Ultimately, it is important to carefully research and test different motor options to find the best fit for your specific project and goals.

Related to Robotic Table Tennis Player: Selecting Motors for High Response

1. How do you select motors for a high response robotic table tennis player?

The selection of motors for a high response robotic table tennis player depends on several factors such as the weight of the robot, the speed and acceleration required, and the budget. Generally, motors with high power and torque are preferred for faster and more responsive movements.

2. What are the most important specifications to consider when choosing motors for a robotic table tennis player?

The most important specifications to consider when choosing motors for a robotic table tennis player include the power, torque, speed, and size of the motor. These factors determine the overall performance and capabilities of the robot, so it is crucial to carefully assess them before making a selection.

3. Can any type of motor be used for a robotic table tennis player?

No, not all types of motors are suitable for a robotic table tennis player. Motors such as DC motors, stepper motors, and servo motors are commonly used in robotics and can be considered for a robotic table tennis player. However, the specific requirements and design of the robot will determine which type of motor is the most suitable.

4. What is the role of motor controllers in a robotic table tennis player?

Motor controllers play a crucial role in a robotic table tennis player as they are responsible for controlling the speed, direction, and movement of the motors. They receive instructions from the main control system and translate them into signals for the motors to follow, allowing for precise and coordinated movements.

5. How do you ensure the motors are compatible with the rest of the robotic table tennis player's components?

To ensure compatibility, it is important to carefully consider the specifications and requirements of the motors as well as the other components of the robotic table tennis player. This includes the power supply, control system, and overall design of the robot. Consulting with a robotics expert or conducting thorough research can also help in selecting compatible motors.