Robot Private Message: Investigate Suspicious PM

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about receiving a private message asking for feedback on a new website, but the sender is suspicious because another non-current member received the same message. The recipient is unsure how to report the message and asks for advice on what to do.
Andre
I got a private message saying:

I set up a beautiful website. Could you give me some comments? Really appreciate your kindly help!

That member signed up today. Now the suspect part is that a non-current posting member had the same pm. So I wonder if it's a robot spammer.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a spam, and you should have reported it.

Zz.

Well maybe I'm looking wrong but I don't see a report button in the PM menu, which is why I started this thread. To report it and to warn others.

Edit Oh It may not pm mentors, well its name is award007

Last edited:
You forward it to a mentor.

Zz.

Related to Robot Private Message: Investigate Suspicious PM

1. What is a "Robot Private Message"?

A Robot Private Message is a message that is sent to a user on a social media platform or through email, but it is automatically generated by a computer program rather than a human. These messages often contain links or attachments that could be malicious or suspicious in nature.

2. How can I tell if a private message is suspicious?

There are a few red flags to look out for when determining if a private message is suspicious. These include: unexpected or unsolicited messages from unknown senders, messages with spelling or grammar errors, messages with urgent or threatening language, or messages that ask for personal information or financial transactions.

3. What should I do if I receive a suspicious private message?

If you receive a suspicious private message, do not open any links or attachments within the message. You should also avoid responding to the message or providing any personal information. Instead, report the message to the platform or email provider and delete the message.

4. Why do people send suspicious private messages?

Suspicious private messages are often sent by scammers or hackers who are trying to gain access to your personal information or infect your device with malware. They may also be sent by automated bots as a way to spread spam or phishing attempts to a large number of users.

5. Can I prevent receiving suspicious private messages?

While it is not always possible to prevent receiving suspicious private messages, there are some steps you can take to reduce the likelihood. These include: adjusting your privacy settings on social media platforms, being cautious of accepting friend or connection requests from unknown users, and avoiding clicking on links or opening attachments from unknown senders.