Relationship of diffrent parameters of Gas turbine

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between various parameters in gas turbines and how to calculate them accurately. The participants also ask for a link to download ASME PTC 22 for information on testing gas turbines and for assistance with calculating specific parameters.
Hamadsultan
Hi friends;
I have Saturn 1100 and centaur 4500 two shaft gas turbines from solar INc. I want to know that what relationship of following parameters
1. Compressor discharge pressure and fuel flow
2. How i calculate the SFC?
3. What effect of LHV on SFC?
4. How i calculate the Heat rate?
If anyone have a link which contains the general twoshaft gas turbine theory and examples please send me i am very thankful.
Best regards

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can't calculate those parameters accurately unless you know a lot of information about the design of the turbines. Information about the performance and SFC should be available from the manfacturers. http://mysolar.cat.com/

Get hold of a copy of ASME PTC 22 tells you all you need to know about testing gas turbines.

Hi Jobreg
Can u send ne a link where from i download ASME PTC22 free.
Thanks
Best regards

Hi friends;
Please send me a link where from i can download ASME PTC 22 free
secondly anyone know how to calculate SFC and HR of gas turbine and as well as WI
Thanking U i will remain

how to calculate mechanical torque of a gas turbine ?

Related to Relationship of diffrent parameters of Gas turbine

1. What is the relationship between the turbine inlet temperature and the specific fuel consumption?

The turbine inlet temperature and the specific fuel consumption have an inverse relationship. As the turbine inlet temperature increases, the specific fuel consumption decreases. This is because a higher turbine inlet temperature allows for more efficient energy conversion and therefore requires less fuel to achieve the same amount of power output.

2. How does the compressor pressure ratio affect the overall efficiency of a gas turbine?

The compressor pressure ratio has a direct impact on the overall efficiency of a gas turbine. A higher compressor pressure ratio leads to a more efficient compression process, which results in increased power output and decreased specific fuel consumption.

3. What is the relationship between the turbine inlet temperature and the exhaust gas temperature?

The turbine inlet temperature and the exhaust gas temperature have a direct relationship. As the turbine inlet temperature increases, the exhaust gas temperature also increases. This is because the turbine inlet temperature is the main factor in determining the temperature of the exhaust gases exiting the turbine.

4. How does the air-fuel ratio affect the performance of a gas turbine?

The air-fuel ratio plays a crucial role in the performance of a gas turbine. An appropriate air-fuel ratio is necessary for efficient combustion and power generation. A high air-fuel ratio can result in incomplete combustion and decreased efficiency, while a low air-fuel ratio can cause excessive fuel usage and decreased performance.

5. What is the relationship between the compressor efficiency and the mass flow rate of air?

The compressor efficiency and the mass flow rate of air have an inverse relationship. As the mass flow rate of air increases, the compressor efficiency decreases. This is because a higher mass flow rate requires the compressor to work harder, resulting in decreased efficiency. However, this relationship can vary depending on the specific design and operating conditions of the gas turbine.