Rediscovering Amazing Music from the 90's: Oasis, STP, and Nirvana

• Music
  • Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, Warren is reminiscing about the 90s and how much better it used to be. He misses the music of the past and thinks that modern music is not as good. He likes Nirvana, Oasis, and STP. He does not like modern rap.
Yep, metallica rocks. All their new stuff is bad though.

Give me fuel, Give me fire, Give me that which I desire. Oooo, yeahhaa

Science news on Phys.org
Janitor said:
I've got a best of Melanie Safka CD with that song on it. Her other big hit was Lay Down (Candles in the Rain), which is a song so nifty that I can never resist using the REPEAT button to play it several times in a row.

A few years back, in a period of low income, I sold off most of my Vinyl, including A multiple record album of Melanie and George Harrison's, All things must pass. Now that I have the tech to convert vinyl to CD I am regretting the loss of some of this music.

I had to laff at Durados equation of old music to the 90s!

Older music rocks. 1650 - 1990 and some more modern music suits me. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Integral said:
I sold off most of my Vinyl, including A multiple record album of Melanie and George Harrison's, All things must pass.

I've still got my vinyl All Things Must Pass. I remember the first purchase of the triple album had one disc with the same recordings on each side of it, so I had effectively bought two and a half albums. I took it back to the store to exchange it for a proper one. The cashier said, "One in a million pressing mistake at the factory." I sometimes wonder if I should have hung on to it. At one time the most expensive postage stamp in the world was an airmail stamp on which the airplane had been printed upside down due to an error.

Yep, metallica rocks
I second that. Their song "Astronomy" is one of my favourites of them
Well, I'm called meteor for something

For me, music from the 60's and early 70's - that I dug up and got my kids hooked on - in no particular order

Spirit - "The 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicus"

Emerson Lake & Palmer - the song "Lucky Man"

Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed

Mothers of Invention

Cream

Country Joe and the Fish

13th Floor Elevators

So, have you guys and gals rediscovered any music that you thought was amazing?
Yma Sumac :smile:

Monroes. (No, not The Monroes from the US, but a norwegian group)
They were most active in the 80's. They didn't make a lot of songs (as far as I know, at least), but some of the ones they made are quite good. Especially Cherioo :approve:

Evo said:
Emerson Lake & Palmer - the song "Lucky Man"

If that is the recording I am thinking of, it's a good 'un. There is some instrument on it that I could never identify. Have any idea what it would be? Maybe a theremin?

Janitor said:
If that is the recording I am thinking of, it's a good 'un. There is some instrument on it that I could never identify. Have any idea what it would be? Maybe a theremin?
It's a moog synthesizer.

Evo said:
It's a moog synthesizer.

Thanks. I think Moog was the original make of musical synth. :smile:

The radio station I listen to the most (a classic rock station) has been playing Lucky Man quite often these last couple of years. There is a war going on, after all.

I was listening to Frampton Comes Alive today. That guy had some talent...his is a sad story...:cry: