Rectangular Scientific Mirrors - 2"x1" & 3"x1

In summary, rectangular scientific mirrors are flat, highly polished glass surfaces used to manipulate and reflect light in scientific experiments and applications. They come in different dimensions, such as 2"x1" and 3"x1", which refer to their length and width. These mirrors are typically made of glass and coated with a thin layer of metal, such as aluminum or silver, for better reflectivity. They are commonly used in optical setups, microscopy, lasers, and other optics applications due to their precise and well-defined shape, as well as their large reflective surface area.
roadrunner123
I am looking for a website or company that sells rectangular scientific mirrors. I have only been able to find circular mirrors. Ideally, I am looking for a 2"x1" or 3"x1". Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
roadrunner123 said:
I am looking for a website or company that sells rectangular scientific mirrors. I have only been able to find circular mirrors. Ideally, I am looking for a 2"x1" or 3"x1". Thanks

There are probably lots of places, but it looks Like Edmund Scientific Optics has rectangular first-surface mirrors:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm?categoryid=40

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Rectangular Scientific Mirrors - 2"x1" & 3"x1

What are Rectangular Scientific Mirrors?

Rectangular scientific mirrors are highly polished, flat glass surfaces that are used to reflect and manipulate light in scientific experiments and applications.

What are the dimensions of the 2"x1" and 3"x1" rectangular scientific mirrors?

The 2"x1" and 3"x1" rectangular scientific mirrors refer to the length and width measurements of the mirrors in inches. The first number represents the length and the second number represents the width.

What are the mirrors made of?

The mirrors are typically made of glass, which is then coated with a thin layer of metal, such as aluminum or silver, to create a highly reflective surface.

How are the mirrors used in scientific experiments?

The mirrors are used to reflect and manipulate light in experiments, such as in optical setups for measuring and studying light, or in microscopy to magnify and view small objects. They can also be used in lasers and other optics applications.

What are the advantages of using rectangular scientific mirrors?

Rectangular scientific mirrors are highly precise and have a well-defined shape, making them useful for controlling and directing light in experiments. They also have a large reflective surface area, allowing for more efficient manipulation of light compared to other types of mirrors.