Recommend books on Python/ C++ Programming

In summary, the people suggested Lutz's book as a good starting point for someone new to Python programming. They found that the book was easy to read and had a lot of helpful examples. They also mentioned that Walter Savitch's book is great, and that there are a few other books that could be good choices as well.
rubrix
idk if some of you remember Recommend a book on Python Programming thread i created a while back. As some of you suggested, i bought Lutz's book. I've looked into (or at least skimmed through) most of the book...i really liked it.

I'm currently working on GUI Tkinter, it seems interesting. So, once I'm done with that, what's next? It seems like I'll have to self study whatever i can...till i take another formal language (not sure when that will be...won't be for at least another 6 months). So, yeah, i need some suggestion about book i should get next. I count on you for that :)

Also, I'll be a attending a C++ course. What is a recommended book for that? Is there a book targeted to those who've had Python experience?

Thanks a lot!

Technology news on Phys.org
rubrix said:
Also, I'll be a attending a C++ course. What is a recommended book for that? Is there a book targeted to those who've had Python experience?

C++: An Active Learning Approach by Albert and Breedlove is great, even if you don't have any programming experience. The examples and exercises in the book are scaled down from real world problems. There is a slight bias towards Visual Studio as the environment, but one of the nicest things about the book is that at the end of each chapter they have a section on the differences between C and C++ for the covered material. I wouldn't rely on this book to learn C, but having a feature like that is nice.

I have an ebook if you're interested in it (1024 pages and very good) PM me if you're interested ;)

C++ books: Savitch's book, Bruce Eckell's book, and one named "Accelerated C++" by Koenig

Python: An Introduction to Computer Science Using Python, by: Jennifer Campbell, Paul Gries, Jason Montojo, Greg Wilson

Related to Recommend books on Python/ C++ Programming

1. What are some good books for beginners to learn Python programming?

Some popular books for beginners to learn Python programming include "Python Crash Course" by Eric Matthes, "Automate the Boring Stuff with Python" by Al Sweigart, and "Learn Python the Hard Way" by Zed A. Shaw.

2. Are there any books that cover both Python and C++ programming?

Yes, there are several books that cover both Python and C++ programming, such as "Learn Python 3 the Hard Way" by Zed A. Shaw and "C++ Primer Plus" by Stephen Prata.

3. Are there any books specifically for advanced Python programmers?

Yes, there are several books for advanced Python programmers, including "Fluent Python" by Luciano Ramalho, "Effective Python: 59 Specific Ways to Write Better Python" by Brett Slatkin, and "High Performance Python" by Micha Gorelick and Ian Ozsvald.

4. Can you recommend any books for learning data analysis and machine learning with Python?

Some recommended books for learning data analysis and machine learning with Python include "Python for Data Analysis" by Wes McKinney, "Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow" by Aurélien Géron, and "Python Machine Learning" by Sebastian Raschka and Vahid Mirjalili.

5. Are there any free or online resources for learning Python and C++ programming?

Yes, there are many free and online resources for learning Python and C++ programming, such as Codecademy, Coursera, and YouTube tutorials. You can also find free e-books and online courses on websites like GitHub, Udemy, and edX.