Real primes as complex composites

In summary, the conversation discusses the representation of real primes as composites when including complex factors with integral magnitude components. The use of complex numbers does not provide insight into a formula for prime distribution, and it is necessary to use more general nonAbelian operators (matrices) to analyze the characteristic prime operation of commutative multiplication. A quantum-like wavefunction is suggested as a potential explanation for the probabilistic interference that generates primes.
Loren Booda
There are many occurrences where real primes are composites when including complex factors with integral magnitude components, e. g.

2=(1+i)(1-i); 1 X 2

5=(2+i)(2-i); 1 x 5

Using complex numbers gives no insight, though, into a formula for prime distribution. Both sets of integers and complex numbers, being closed and mutually "congruent" under the characteristic prime operation of commutative multiplication, necessitates the use of more general nonAbelian operators (matrices) as a basis for [pi](x). A quantum-like wavefunction could be the "prime candidate" for probabilistic interference that generates primes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Loren Booda

2=(1+i)(1-i); 1 X 2

5=(2+i)(2-i); 1 x 5

it can also be reprsented in a cubic form (i think this is the term):
by multiply both sides by -i^2 like this:
-2*i^2=-i^2(1+i)*(1-i)=2=(1-i^3)*(1-i)=(1-i)*(1+i+i^2)*(1-i)=i*(1-i)^2.

While it is interesting to consider the inclusion of complex factors in the composition of real primes, it does not provide any significant insight into the distribution of primes or a formula for it. The use of complex numbers and nonAbelian operators may be necessary for a more comprehensive understanding of prime numbers and their distribution. However, a quantum-like wavefunction as a potential candidate for generating primes through probabilistic interference is an intriguing concept that could potentially lead to further exploration and understanding of this mathematical phenomenon. In conclusion, while the incorporation of complex factors may add complexity to the concept of real primes, it does not provide a direct solution or formula for prime distribution.

Related to Real primes as complex composites

What are real primes as complex composites?

Real primes as complex composites are numbers that can be expressed as a product of two or more prime numbers. These numbers are considered composite because they are not prime themselves, but they can be broken down into prime factors.

Can real primes as complex composites be written in a different form?

Yes, real primes as complex composites can be written in various forms such as exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric forms. These different forms can help in understanding the properties and behavior of these numbers.

What is the significance of studying real primes as complex composites?

Studying real primes as complex composites is important in number theory and cryptography. It allows us to understand the structure of numbers and how they can be factored, which is crucial in encryption and code-breaking.

How are real primes as complex composites different from regular composite numbers?

Real primes as complex composites are different from regular composite numbers in that they cannot be factored into smaller integers. They are also unique in that they are the product of prime numbers, which have special properties and play a crucial role in mathematics.

Are there any applications of real primes as complex composites in real life?

Yes, real primes as complex composites have several applications in real life. For example, they are used in cryptography to create secure codes and in prime factorization algorithms to efficiently factor large numbers. They also have applications in physics, chemistry, and other scientific fields.