Reactions in the mechanic construction

In summary: The conversation is about trying to figure out reactions in a mechanic construction. The construction has specific measurements and forces applied to it. The conversation also includes a mistake that was found and corrected. In summary, the conversation is about calculating reactions in a mechanic construction and discovering a mistake in the process.
Andreii
Hi

I am trying to figure out reactions in the mechanic construction which is here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Andreii/nalogca.jpg" .
Datas of construction are:

L1 = 7.1m
L2 = 1m
L3 = 0.2m
F = 2.8 kN = 2800N
M = 1.3 kNm = 1300Nm (this is torque)
p = 2.5 kN/m = 2500 N/m

p is showed as a mass on the mechanic construction. As is showed on the picture, on the left part is 10p and on the right is 1p.
I would like to do on the same way as i have tried and not on any other one. With fields, I mean that I am cutting the construction on three different parts (look on the second and third link at the picture). N means interior axis force, M is torque (moment) and T is diagonal force.
I checked several times my steps and I don't know why I don't get the correct result. Something is wrong in those reactions (setting them up) but not sure what. If someone could take time to check my steps please... and thank you for any information

Andreii

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In your moment with respect to support A, the p lever arm is wrong. It should be L1 + L2/2.

Cyclovenom I checked and this was mistake. Thank you, now i will know what is correct, so i won't do the same mistake again.

Thank you

Related to Reactions in the mechanic construction

1. What is the purpose of studying reactions in the mechanic construction?

The purpose of studying reactions in the mechanic construction is to understand how different forces and loads act on a structure, and how these reactions can affect the stability and safety of the structure. By analyzing reactions, engineers can design structures that can withstand various loads and forces, ensuring their longevity and safety.

2. How do reactions affect the stability of a structure?

Reactions play a crucial role in the stability of a structure. They provide support and balance to counteract external forces and loads, preventing the structure from collapsing or being damaged. Understanding the reactions in a structure is essential for ensuring its stability and safety.

3. What are the different types of reactions in mechanic construction?

There are three main types of reactions in mechanic construction: fixed, pinned, and roller. Fixed reactions occur when a structure is anchored firmly to the ground, providing both horizontal and vertical support. Pinned reactions allow for rotation at a specific point, while roller reactions only provide horizontal support and allow for movement in the vertical direction.

4. How do you calculate reactions in a structure?

To calculate reactions in a structure, engineers use the principles of statics, which involves analyzing forces and their effects on a structure. By considering the equilibrium of forces and moments at different points in the structure, engineers can determine the magnitude and direction of reactions at specific points.

5. Why is it essential to consider reactions in the design of structures?

Considering reactions in the design of structures is crucial for ensuring their safety and stability. Without proper analysis of reactions, a structure may not be able to withstand external forces and loads, leading to potential collapse or damage. By understanding and accounting for reactions, engineers can design structures that are strong, durable, and safe for use.