Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint

• Thread starter ram1024
  • Start date
In summary, Ram's argument is that "Monkeys eat bamboo" is a true statement because the distance and time measurements that are used to make it are valid under his definition of space and time.
ram1024
i don't see the point to arguing with SR theorists anymore. as soon as you get a sufficiently convincing argument they'll just delete your post, says something pithy, then lock your thread.

Good Game, Forum Nazis :zzz:

Physics news on Phys.org
ram1024 said:
i don't see the point to arguing with SR theorists anymore.

Neither do I, since you never listen!

as soon as you get a sufficiently convincing argument they'll just delete your post,

How would you know? You've never posted a single convincing argument. Or do you want me to recover those posts I deleted so that everyone can see just how dumb they are? The truth is that the posts I deleted did not even contain arguments, just slurs against my educational level.

Tom, yes please do recover those posts. the ONLY reason for you deleting them in the first place being i hit too close to home with my arguments.

And quit moving stuff to feedback and expecting me to read and respond to it there. I've already been banned from all other sections except this one so asking me questions in a thread i can't respond to is stupid.

ram1024 said:
Tom, yes please do recover those posts. the ONLY reason for you deleting them in the first place being i hit too close to home with my arguments.

OK, but you're only embarassing yourself.

And quit moving stuff to feedback

Don't tell me what to do. I'm moving your feedback to where it belongs.

and expecting me to read and respond to it there.

Erm, I don't ever recall saying that I expect you to read and respond to it in the Feedback Forum. I don't care if you read or respond to it at all. What I have told you is to stop posting feedback in the Theory Development Forum, because it doesn't belong there. I'll say it again: Stop it.

i've already been banned from all other sections except this one

That's because you've been nothing but an ignorant, arrogant imbecile since you got here. You're just reinforcing that image by doing all this.

so asking me questions in a thread i can't respond to is stupid.

The question I asked was rhetorical.

Last edited:
OK, here's Ram's brilliant argument that I deleted.

SR critically threatened by "Logic"

1. Speed is made up of the components Distance and Time
2. Distance is a strict standard of measurement by which people can relay spatial quantities to each other meaningfully
3. Time is a strict standard of measurment by which people can relay temporal quantities to each other meaningfully

4. "Monkeys eat bamboo" is a composite statement made of a subject, an action, and an object.
5. Monkey is undeniably a subset of 'one of any animals that exist on this earth'
6. Bamboo is arguably a subset of 'anything that can possibly be conceived as being edible'

you saying distance is not specific is like me saying "monkey' is not limited to the animal "monkey" but rather 'one of any animals that exist on this earth'

you saying time is not specific is like me saying bamboo is not limited to the plant "bamboo" but rather 'anything that can possibly be conceived as being edible'

thus under MY definitions of course "monkeys eat bamboo" is a true statement.

QED

Hope you're happy now.

"Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter..."

-Homer

1. Speed is made up of the components Distance and Time

[X2 - X1]/[T2 - T1]

Speed is a scalar quantity. Velocity is a vector quantity. :eek:

What is the "instantaneous" velocity? i.e. the velocity of an object at one instant in time? It probably can be argued that, if, space-time is discrete, there is no actual instantaneous velocity. :eek:

That is interesting because we tacitly assume a type of absolute Newtonian background when in all actuality, the only real time for any observer is "proper time".

2. Distance is a strict standard of measurement by which people can relay spatial quantities to each other meaningfully

Distance is a measurable property of ...space, where the triangle inequality holds. What then is ...space?

3. Time is a strict standard of measurment by which people can relay temporal quantities to each other meaningfully

Everything has its own measure of time and thus observes everything else to be in varied[differing] past moments due to the finite propagation speed of light, which moves in straight lines, or "geodesics".

The laws of physics are time/frame independent.

Two different observers will have different measures of time but both will agree on the speed of light in vacuum.

Either space and time are permanently fixed and rigid; unchanging, with the Galilean relativistic interpretation of reality, or the speed of light is frame invariant with space and time varying, in accordance with Einsteinian relativity.

Society evolves via the majority shareholders of opinion, it seems. We may incorrectly assume that all people are almost exclusively motivated by their own material self-interest. Yet the experiential juxtaposition of objective and subjective realities, called the status quo "of the people, for the people, and by the people" systematically refutes the self-interest hypothesis to a large degree. It appears that many people are strongly motivated by concerns for fairness and reciprocity.

Let there be a decision process in which one of two alternatives must be
chosen.

Group members may differ in their valuations of the alternatives, yet must prefer some alternative to disagreement[game theoretically speaking]. The process will be distinguished by three features: private information regarding valuations, varying intensities in the preference for one out-come over the other, and the option to declare neutrality in order to avoid disagreement.

Variants on a "tyranny of the majority", will always be an equilibrium
in which the majority is all the more aggressive in pushing its alternative, thus using the metaphorical "strong arm" to enforce their
will, via both numbers and voice. The metaphorical "might makes right" scenario. Likewise, under very general conditions, an aggressive
minority equilibrium inevitably makes its appearance, provided that the group is large enough. This equilibrium displays a "tyranny of the minority": Yes, it is always true that the increased aggression of the minority more than compensates for its smaller number, leading to the minority outcome being implemented with larger probability than the majority alternative.

Scary thought, eh mods?

Could it be that reality surfs on the universal standing wave of spacetime, emerging out of a "solid block" of nothingness? Standing wave resonance i.e. "spacetime phonons". The present moment is thus created and recreated constantly - like a continuous image… originating deep in twistor space. The Heisenberg Uncertainty Relation provides both a boundary and the fabric for a translation between twistor[Planck scale] space and experiential reality, and it is quantum phase compactification that provides the color electric superconductive "bricks" for the boundary. Unstable or chaotic states at a given level are always "compactified" (stabilized and bounded by a finite number of eigenstates) into higher dimensions at the next level. The organic analogues of quantum attractors are translated into quantized fractal exitation modes onto the classical domain via compactification, while events on the classical domain influence the collapse or transition of these attractors on the quantum-nano level via feedback oscillations. The state vector becomes an interactive participant.

1. With a little earnest thought, one realizes that the concept of randomness is logically absurd.

2. The laws of physics are time independent. They hold for all frames of reference.

3. Ergo, even if ...physical randomness is true, physical randomness would not exist without time, or "change" - from one state to the next.

4. If the physical laws are time independent then the physical laws, by definition, did not arise "randomly".

5. The laws of physics are a set of organizing principles.

6. The only true example we have of an organizing principle is that of a "MIND"

7. The universe came from a MIND.

russ_watters said:

-Homer

Homer's philosophy is so appropriate in these situations :biggrin:

russ_watters said:

-Homer
I almost wet myself when I first read this from Russ. :smile: I can't think of a more appropriate response.

Me thinks that ram1024 is trying to ram his opinions down our throats and then getting out of his pram when people question his ideas.
If i had a penny for everytime i believed i was right and was prooved wrong i would be rich.
There is nothing wrong with stating your point and discussing it strongly, but you have to be open to other, sometimes smarter,peoples points and accept then gracefully especially when there arguements are stronger than yours otherwise we would have about 50 billion ideas on everything in this world and only one right. then we would learn nothing

jamie said:
If i had a penny for everytime i believed i was right and was prooved wrong i would be rich.

Hear Hear!

And in a way, I feel like I am rich despite the fact that I do not receive a penny every time I believe I am right and am proved wrong. Being proved wrong is a gift, because it means that you learn something that you didn't know before. It's so unfortunate that people such as ram1024 are unwilling to benefit from the experience of learning from those who are more knowledgeable.

Related to Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint

What is "Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint"?

"Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" refers to a specific complaint made by a user named Ram1024 that is not related to the topic being discussed.

Why is "Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" a problem?

"Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" can be a problem because it can disrupt the flow of a conversation or discussion and can also be seen as disrespectful to the topic and other participants.

Is "Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" a common issue?

Yes, it is not uncommon for people to make irrelevant and off-topic comments or complaints in various settings, whether it be online or in person.

How can "Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" be addressed?

It is important to address the issue calmly and professionally, either by redirecting the conversation back to the topic at hand or by politely asking the person to refrain from making irrelevant comments. In extreme cases, it may be necessary to remove the person from the conversation or report their behavior to a moderator.

What can be done to prevent "Ram1024's Irrelevant, Off-Topic Complaint" from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from occurring, it is important to establish clear guidelines and expectations for discussions and conversations. Additionally, moderating the conversation and addressing any off-topic comments or complaints can also help prevent similar incidents in the future.