Question on velocity and acceleration

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of expert mathematicians in the UK and refers to Opalg as one known expert, with the possibility of there being others.
WMDhamnekar
MHB
1627034742908.png

How to answer this question? Any math help, hint, or even correct answer will be accepted.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
1632507439772.png

1632507456764.png

Hello,
UK's (United Kingdom) one great expert mathematician provided me the answer to this question which I reproduced it below here:

1634354058662.png

1634354072722.png

1634354251530.png

Gosh, I would have thought that the United Kingdom had more than just one "great expert mathematician"!

Country Boy said:
Gosh, I would have thought that the United Kingdom had more than just one "great expert mathematician"!

The one great expert mathematician in the UK (that I know of) is Opalg who is with us here on MHB. But I don't think that answer came from him.

Last edited:
Yes, I will certainly accept that Opalg is a "great expert mathematician"!

Related to Question on velocity and acceleration

1. What is the difference between velocity and acceleration?

Velocity refers to the rate of change of an object's position over time, while acceleration refers to the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. In simpler terms, velocity measures how fast an object is moving, while acceleration measures how quickly the object's speed is changing.

2. How do you calculate velocity and acceleration?

Velocity is calculated by dividing the change in an object's position by the time it took to make that change. Acceleration is calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the time it took to make that change. Both are typically measured in meters per second squared (m/s²).

3. What are the units of measurement for velocity and acceleration?

The units of measurement for velocity are typically meters per second (m/s), while the units for acceleration are typically meters per second squared (m/s²). However, other units such as kilometers per hour (km/h) or miles per hour (mph) can also be used.

4. How does velocity and acceleration affect an object's motion?

Velocity and acceleration play a crucial role in an object's motion. Velocity determines the speed and direction of an object, while acceleration determines how quickly that object's speed and direction are changing. These factors can determine whether an object is moving at a constant speed, speeding up, or slowing down.

5. How do velocity and acceleration relate to each other?

Velocity and acceleration are closely related because acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. This means that any change in an object's velocity will result in acceleration. Additionally, if an object is accelerating, its velocity will change over time. Therefore, velocity and acceleration are interdependent and can be used to describe an object's motion.