Question about the movie Paycheck

• Thread starter hybrid_rainbow
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation discusses confusion about a specific plot point in the movie "Paycheck" where a new lens is introduced that can show a person their future self. The speaker explains that the lens is fictional and not something that actually exists. They also mention that the movie is not meant to be taken too seriously and is best enjoyed with a turned-off brain.
hybrid_rainbow
Question about the movie "Paycheck"

I was watching this movie last night "paycheck" and got to a point in the movie which made me kinda confused.

They said something about building a new type of lens that could basicaly curved around the earth. For example- your on top of Mt. Everest and when you look through the lens, you would see yourself in the future.

I can't figure out how you could see yourself in the future. Can someone help me out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, haven't seen this movie (would probably give me deja vu)

Anyway, I do not see myself in the future although I definitely see myself a thing of the past. :smile:

It's just a stupid movie. Emphasis on stupid.

Oh you must be talking about Charandaskar's Lens Obscura. This is the lens that doesn't exist and I just made up the name. Although Charandaskar is someone's name, namely Charandaskar. Hope this helps.

You're not supposed to think too hard about it. The movie is much better if you turn your brain off first.

I figured i was thinking to hard about it. The first thing that caught my eye in the movie was that Ben Affleck was a scientist. Uma more then made up for this crappy movie :!)

Related to Question about the movie Paycheck

What is the plot of the movie Paycheck?

The movie Paycheck follows the story of a man named Michael Jennings, a reverse engineer who agrees to have his memories wiped after completing a top-secret project. When he wakes up, he discovers that he has forfeited his $92 million paycheck and must use the clues left behind in his belongings to figure out what happened and why.

Who stars in the movie Paycheck?

The movie Paycheck stars Ben Affleck as Michael Jennings, Uma Thurman as Rachel Porter, and Aaron Eckhart as James Rethrick. Other notable actors in the film include Paul Giamatti, Colm Feore, and Joe Morton.

Is the movie Paycheck based on a book?

Yes, the movie Paycheck is based on a short story of the same name by science fiction writer Philip K. Dick. The story was first published in 1953 and has since been adapted into various forms of media, including this movie.

Who directed the movie Paycheck?

The movie Paycheck was directed by John Woo, a prominent Hong Kong action filmmaker known for his use of stylized action sequences. Woo has also directed other popular films such as Face/Off, Mission: Impossible II, and The Killer.

What is the significance of the title "Paycheck" in the movie?

The title "Paycheck" is a reference to the main character's profession as a reverse engineer who is paid large sums of money to recreate and improve upon technology. It also ties into the plot of the movie, where the main character must use his skills and knowledge to uncover the truth and ultimately, his paycheck.