Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio

In summary, the conversation discusses the validity of a theory on quantum mechanics proposed by Mr. Young. One person questions if it is accurate, while the other expresses doubt due to their limited understanding of the subject. It is then stated that the theory conflicts with current understanding of quantum mechanics and is not supported by Eberhard's theorem. The conversation ends with a remark on Mr. Young's incorrect understanding of entanglement.
admiral_butts
http://www.mjyoung.net/misc/quantum.htm

read this and tell me if it works or if its a crock, it sounds good, but all I've had is high school Physics

Physics news on Phys.org
admiral_butts said:
it sounds good, but all I've had is high school Physics
More than I can say about Mr. Young, unfortunately... =) Anyway, it is not in line with our current understanding of quantum mechanics.

Yeah, as mentioned in the very last paragraph I added to this wikipedia article, Eberhard's theorem proves that if the currently-accepted equations of quantum physics are correct, it must be impossible to use entanglement to communicate faster than light. Mr. Young has a sketchy and incorrect understanding of how entanglement works; it doesn't mean that if you do something to one particle, the other will respond in a way that could tip off people observing it.

Related to Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio

What is Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio?

Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio, also known as quantum entanglement communication, is a theoretical method of communication that utilizes the phenomenon of quantum entanglement to transmit information instantaneously between two distant locations.

How does Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio work?

Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio works by creating two entangled particles and then separating them over a large distance. Any changes made to one particle, such as altering its spin, will automatically affect the other particle, regardless of the distance between them. This allows for instantaneous communication between the two particles, effectively creating a communication channel between two distant locations.

What are the potential applications of Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio?

Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio has the potential to revolutionize communication technology by allowing for instantaneous and secure communication over long distances. It could also have implications for quantum computing and cryptography, as well as other fields such as space exploration and military operations.

What are the limitations of Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio?

Currently, Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio is still a theoretical concept and has not been successfully implemented in practical applications. It also requires the use of highly sensitive and precise equipment, making it difficult to scale up for widespread use. Additionally, the phenomenon of quantum entanglement is still not fully understood and there may be limitations or side effects that have yet to be discovered.

What are the ethical considerations surrounding Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio?

As with any new technology, there are ethical considerations to be taken into account. The use of Quantum Non-Locality Subspace Radio for communication could raise concerns about privacy and security, as well as potential misuse for nefarious purposes. There may also be potential consequences for the environment and natural world, as the effects of manipulating particles at a quantum level are still not fully understood.