PSPICE Voltage Controlled Current Source Question

In summary, the conversation revolves around converting a circuit with a voltage controlled current source from a book into a PSPICE circuit. The person is seeking help from someone with knowledge in EE and PSPICE, and they have attached a picture of their attempt at the conversion. They receive advice to leave one control terminal connected to "A" and to move the other one to the ground node. They also ask for clarification on the reference direction for the current source and are advised to switch the control terminals accordingly. The person follows the advice and successfully converts the circuit.
chronie
1. My Attempt
I need to convert the book problem of a circuit with a voltage controlled current source with one in PSPICE. I am attaching a picture which shows my attempt. I think I have it wrong but it might be right. So if someone with knowledge in EE and PSPICE could help me it would be much appreciated.

Code:
[PLAIN]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1337/circuitr.png[/PLAIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Leave the control terminal that is connected to "A" where it is, but remove the other one from the battery positive and place it to the ground node (0 volts) instead.

BTW. What's the reference direction for the current source in the original circuit (arrow or arrow down)? You may need to interchange the two control terminals in your pspice cct depending upon the answer to this question.

Last edited:
uart said:
Leave the control terminal that is connected to "A" where it is, but remove the other one from the battery positive and place it to the ground node (0 volts) instead.

BTW. What's the reference direction for the current source in the original circuit (arrow or arrow down)? You may need to interchange the two control terminals in your pspice cct depending upon the answer to this question.

Thank you very much. I removed the battery positive and it worked. I think the reference direction is down so I think I'm good. Thank you again, this helped me out greatly.

Related to PSPICE Voltage Controlled Current Source Question

1. What is a PSPICE voltage controlled current source?

A PSPICE voltage controlled current source is a type of electronic component used in circuit simulation software to model a current that is dependent on a voltage input. It is often used in electronic design and analysis to test the behavior of a circuit under different voltage conditions.

2. How does a PSPICE voltage controlled current source work?

A PSPICE voltage controlled current source works by taking a voltage input and converting it into a current output based on a specific equation or model. The output current can be adjusted by changing the voltage input, allowing for simulation of different circuit conditions.

3. What are the advantages of using a PSPICE voltage controlled current source in circuit simulation?

One advantage of using a PSPICE voltage controlled current source is its ability to accurately model real-world circuit behavior. It also allows for easy adjustment of circuit parameters without the need for physical components, reducing cost and time in the design process. Additionally, it can be used to test and troubleshoot different circuit designs before physical implementation.

4. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using a PSPICE voltage controlled current source?

One limitation of using a PSPICE voltage controlled current source is that it may not accurately model all aspects of a real circuit, as it relies on an equation or model that may not perfectly represent the behavior of physical components. Additionally, it may not take into account external factors such as temperature or noise that can affect circuit performance.

5. How is a PSPICE voltage controlled current source different from other types of current sources?

A PSPICE voltage controlled current source is different from other types of current sources, such as a current-controlled current source, in that it uses a voltage input to control the output current. This allows for more flexibility in circuit simulation, as the output current can be easily adjusted by changing the voltage input. Other types of current sources rely on other parameters, such as a fixed current value or a control signal, to determine the output current.