Project GSM Car security system

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance with their project design for a GSM car security system. They are considering using a vibration or motion sensor and are seeking recommendations for a suitable sensor. They have also been directed to a helpful resource for building a simple GSM car security system.
Abubakar B
Pls i need help on my project design, on gsm car security. from the input signal from the phone to the circuit i intend to use vibration,then what will be my sensor? Pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Abubakar B said:
Pls i need help on my project design, on gsm car security. from the input signal from the phone to the circuit i intend to use vibration,then what will be my sensor? Pls.

Welcome to the PF. It sounds like you want to use a vibration or motion sensor. Have you tried using Google or wikipedia.org to see what kinds of sensors are available? Do you intend to use a microcontroller (uC) to monitor the sensor and actuate the phone?

To get a simple building project of gsm car security system please check the below link:

http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/swagatam-majumdar/articles/72734.aspx

Related to Project GSM Car security system

What is a GSM car security system?

A GSM car security system is a type of car security system that uses GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) technology to send and receive signals between the car and the owner's mobile phone. It allows the owner to remotely control and monitor their car's security features.

How does a GSM car security system work?

A GSM car security system works by using sensors and detectors in the car to detect any unauthorized entry or movement. When triggered, it sends a signal to the owner's mobile phone through the GSM network. The owner can then remotely control the car's features, such as locking and unlocking the doors, starting and stopping the engine, and triggering the alarm.

What are the advantages of using a GSM car security system?

Some advantages of using a GSM car security system include remote control and monitoring, real-time alerts, and the ability to track the car's location. It also offers better coverage compared to traditional car security systems, as it uses the GSM network, which has a wider reach.

Are there any limitations to a GSM car security system?

One limitation of a GSM car security system is that it relies on the availability of the GSM network. If there is no network coverage in a certain area, the system may not function properly. Additionally, it may require a monthly subscription or data plan to use the remote features.

Is a GSM car security system easy to install?

The installation process of a GSM car security system can vary depending on the system and the car model. Some systems may require professional installation, while others can be easily installed by the car owner with basic knowledge of car electronics. It is always recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper installation.