Programming to find Planck distribution

In summary, the conversation discusses a homework question that requires writing a computer program to evaluate the Planck distribution and integrating energy density for radiation. The person asking for help is new to programming and is seeking advice on which language to use and links for tutorials. The responders mention that any programming language could work but having prior knowledge would make it easier.
jencheeg
hi everyone,
one of my homework questions asks me to write a computer program to evaluate the Planck distribution at any temperature and wavelength and add it to a routine for evaluating integrals for the energy density of the radiation between two wavelengths.
I have never used any programming to study chemistry, can anyone show me which language should I use, and some links for the tutorials for programming applied for physical chemistry?
any help appreciated, thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
any reply or hint for me please.

If you've never done any programming before, I don't see how you can do an assignment like this in any reasonable amount of time. Pretty much any computer language would work (for example c, c++, basic, fortran, etc.) but if you have never learned any programming then it takes quite a while to get up to speed.

If you at least knew one programming language it would be easier to help you.

Related to Programming to find Planck distribution

1. What is the Planck distribution?

The Planck distribution, also known as the Planck's law, is a mathematical function used to describe the distribution of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a blackbody at a given temperature.

2. Why is programming used to find the Planck distribution?

Since the Planck distribution is a complex mathematical function, it is often more efficient and accurate to use computer programming to calculate and plot the distribution for different temperatures. This allows for easier analysis and comparison of results.

3. What is the significance of the Planck distribution in science?

The Planck distribution is crucial in understanding the behavior of thermal radiation and plays a key role in fields such as astrophysics, quantum mechanics, and thermodynamics.

4. What programming languages are commonly used for finding the Planck distribution?

There are many programming languages that can be used for finding the Planck distribution, including Python, MATLAB, and C++. It ultimately depends on the preference and familiarity of the programmer.

5. Can the Planck distribution be visualized using programming?

Yes, programming can be used to plot the Planck distribution for different temperatures, allowing for a visual representation of how the distribution changes. This can aid in understanding the behavior of blackbodies at different temperatures.