Programming a cyborg just by typing words?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the concept of building a human cyborg with programming that mimics a robot, but with human organs and cells. The process involves typing for specific organs, such as the heart, and connecting the cyborg to a computer. The speaker can program individual muscles and combinations of muscles for actions like walking or running. However, the complexity arises when it comes to mapping brain neurons to specific muscles and understanding which muscles contract and relax during movements. The conversation concludes that the idea is complex and currently beyond the capabilities of available technology.
caters
I thought of building a human cyborg where the programming is done like a robot but it has human organs and cells and grows just like a human does. This involves quite a bit of typing for certain organs like the heart.

The program says to me in a female voice "Select cyborg" and I select human. The program then says "Connect cyborg to computer to continue" and I do so. The program then says "Select organ" and I select the heart first. I then program the heart like this:

SA node:
Keep the atria pumping

AV node:
Keep the ventricles pumping

Bundle of His/Purkinje Fibers:
Send signal from AV node to ventricles

Right Atrium:
Pump deoxygenated blood into the right ventricle

Right Ventricle:
Pump deoxygenated blood into the pulmonary artery

Left Atrium:
Pump oxygenated blood into the left ventricle

Left Ventricle:
Pump oxygenated blood into the aorta

end

Then the program says "That looks to me like a normal heart."
I then select another organ, say the stomach and before it let's me program that organ it asks me "Do you want to transfer this from the computer to the cyborg's brain?" and I select yes.

I do this on and on and when I get to the muscular system I can not only program individual muscles but also program different combinations of muscles to move in a certain sequence to do something such as walk or run or throw a ball. Now this does not mean that it has automatically learned it when it comes to these voluntary muscles. But unlike all other humans it will take a much shorter time to learn how to use these muscles making it less prone to muscle and bone injuries.

But how will the cyborg's brain know which neurons to send a signal through for something like raising heart rate if I just transfer it all to the cyborg's brain in words? I mean lots of nerves travel to the heart, all doing different things to the heart in different scenarios like telling it to raise Heart Rate, lower heart rate, raise blood pressure, lower blood pressure and so on.

Technology news on Phys.org
Doesn't sound feasible. What will be your base programming language? What will be the AI layers that you put on top of that base programming language?

If you want to model biological systems, you would do that with detailed modeling software.

The issue I see is that you are approaching the problem from the top down. You are designing a language for something when you don't even know how things are connected.

One possible language would be a command driven one commonly used in early adventure games:

walk north
stop
turn right
walk forward

Implicit in the language is the understanding that the computer knows how to walk, knows about absolute and relative directions, knows what motors to activate...

Under the covers, you need to define these things. As an example, if you were to use a computer instead of a brain then you'd need to map the sensors and motor controls to the IO ports of the computer so it would know that port 1 was a motor and port 2 was...

For the brain of a cyborg where you've transplanted a human brain there's virtually no way currently to know what brain neuron is mapped to what muscle even if you had the skill to wire them together.

For people this wiring occurs implicitly from birth and as you grow the brain is training itself to understand what is connected to what. People who suffer some sort of serious injury have to go through rehab to retrain the brain and make new connections for the neuron paths that got damaged. Basically remapping things.

And for the muscles how would I know what muscles contract and which ones relax during each phase of a particular movement such as walking? I mean for the arms and legs that is pretty easy. I can just feel my own muscle and see if it feels smaller or bigger during each phase to know whether it is contracting or relaxing. However the glutei and abs are also involved in walking. In particular the glutei in the forward movement of the leg and the abs for stability. For me it is not as easy to feel the muscle to know whether it is contracting or relaxing when it comes to the glutei or abs, especially the abs. So how would I know whether the glutei and abs are contracting or relaxing during each phase?

You're not going to find the answers you seek here. I was trying to show you just how complex and beyond today's technology your idea is.

Related to Programming a cyborg just by typing words?

1. How does programming a cyborg through typing words work?

Programming a cyborg through typing words involves using a computer or other device to input instructions and code that will control the cyborg's actions and behavior. This can be done through specialized software or programming languages designed for cyborgs or through more general programming languages.

2. Can anyone program a cyborg just by typing words?

While anyone can learn how to program a cyborg, it requires specialized knowledge and skills in computer programming and cyborg technology. It is not a simple task and may require extensive training and experience to do successfully.

3. What are the potential benefits of programming a cyborg through typing words?

Programming a cyborg through typing words allows for precise and customizable control over the cyborg's actions and behavior. This can be beneficial in various industries, such as healthcare, manufacturing, and space exploration, where precise movements and actions are crucial.

4. What are the potential risks of programming a cyborg through typing words?

There are several potential risks associated with programming a cyborg through typing words. These include programming errors that could lead to unexpected or harmful actions by the cyborg, security risks if the programming is not properly secured, and ethical concerns regarding the control and autonomy of the cyborg.

5. How can I learn how to program a cyborg through typing words?

There are various resources available for learning how to program a cyborg through typing words, including online courses, tutorials, and books. It is important to have a strong foundation in computer programming and to also have a thorough understanding of cyborg technology and its capabilities.