Problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.

• Thread starter gawa_201050
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Micro
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a Cruzer micro 8.0 gb flash drive that is not being recognized by the computer and appears to only have a capacity of 16 mb. The user has tried formatting the drive but receives an error message and is unsure if the drive is defective. The conversation suggests returning the drive to the store or contacting Sandisk for a warranty replacement.
gawa_201050
Problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.please help

249766147.jpg
I have a Cruzer micro 8.0 gb and when I attach it to the computer I clicked to open it a message appeared and says `the disk is not formatted do you want to format it` but it appears to be 16 mb .my flash memory wrote in it bl0807kveb made in china sdcz4-8192.and when i press format a message appears and says `the disk cannot be formatted.

Computer science news on Phys.org

Does clicking on the drop-down box (the box with the down arrow beside it) give you anything aside from 16 MB for the capacity, and FAT for the file system?

If not, you may have gotten a dud drive. If you bought it quite recently, I'd take it back to the store and ask for some help (assuming this is a computer place and not, say, the supermarket) and if nobody can figure it out, return it as defective and get a new one. You can also get in touch directly with Sandisk to see if they may have a solution, or can ship you a warranty replacement:
http://kb.sandisk.com/

Flash drives die...sounds like this one did.

Related to Problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.

What is the "Problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb."?

The Problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb. refers to a common issue that users of this particular USB flash drive have reported. It usually involves the device not being recognized by the computer or being unable to transfer or access files.

What causes the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.?

There are several possible causes for the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb. It could be due to a faulty USB port, outdated drivers, or a damaged flash drive. Sometimes, the issue can also be caused by software conflicts or viruses.

How can I fix the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.?

The solution to the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb. depends on the specific cause. First, try plugging the flash drive into a different USB port or computer to rule out any hardware issues. If that doesn't work, try updating the drivers or using a data recovery tool. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to replace the flash drive.

Is there a way to prevent the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb., there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of encountering it. These include regularly updating your drivers, using reputable antivirus software, and properly ejecting the flash drive before removing it from the computer.

Can I recover my files if I encounter the problem with Cruzer micro 8.0 gb.?

In some cases, it is possible to recover files from a Cruzer micro 8.0 gb. flash drive that is experiencing problems. Some data recovery programs may be able to retrieve lost or corrupted files. However, it is always a good idea to back up important files regularly to avoid losing them in case of any issues with the flash drive.