Problem in understandind sultion in numerical analisys

• Thread starter nhrock3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Numerical
This method can be repeated for different values of m to get better approximations for the integral. In summary, we can use the trapezoidal method to calculate the integral I = ∫0^1 cos(π/2x^2) and obtain the best approximation by using T3,1 with a value of 0.9727.
nhrock3
A)
calculate [tex]I=\int_{0}^{1}\cos(\frac{\pi}{2}x^2)[/tex]
by trapeze methos in those pannels
m=1,2,4,8
?

B)
what is the best aproximation we can get from part A of the question?

solution:
the solution for part A is
http://i47.tinypic.com/2vmh4b9.jpg

my problem start with the solution of part B

http://i45.tinypic.com/b4jorq.jpg

how they find [tex]T_{2,1}[/tex] for example??
how each index plays a role in the formula
by what formula they work on??

how they find out that the best approximation is[tex] T_{3,1}[/tex]
??

Physics news on Phys.org
The best approximation we can get from part A is the value of T3,1, which is 0.9727. This value was obtained by using the trapezoidal method, where the integral was divided into n subintervals with an equal width of h = 1/m, where m is the number of subintervals. To find T3,1, we need to calculate the area of the trapezoids formed by the function values at the endpoints of each subinterval and add them together. The formula for calculating T3,1 is: T3,1 = (h/2)*(f(x0) + 2*f(x1) + 2*f(x2) + 2*f(x3) + f(x4)), where h = 1/4 and x0, x1, x2, x3, and x4 are the endpoints of the subintervals.

Related to Problem in understandind sultion in numerical analisys

1. What is numerical analysis?

Numerical analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with developing algorithms and methods for solving mathematical problems using numerical approximations. It involves using computers to perform calculations and analyze data.

2. What are some common problems in understanding solutions in numerical analysis?

Some common problems in understanding solutions in numerical analysis include difficulty in setting up and solving equations, lack of understanding of underlying mathematical concepts, and errors in the input data or calculations.

3. How can one improve their understanding of solutions in numerical analysis?

One can improve their understanding of solutions in numerical analysis by studying the underlying mathematical concepts, practicing problem-solving techniques, and familiarizing oneself with commonly used numerical methods and algorithms.

4. What are some practical applications of numerical analysis?

Numerical analysis has a wide range of practical applications, including weather forecasting, financial modeling, engineering design, and data analysis in various fields such as physics, chemistry, and biology.

5. How does numerical analysis differ from analytical methods?

Numerical analysis differs from analytical methods in that it involves approximating solutions to mathematical problems using numerical calculations, whereas analytical methods aim to find exact solutions using algebraic or calculus techniques.