Preview and message disagreements

• Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, there was a thread in the Physics forum about the strength of hydrogen bonds, but the preview only showed a few lines and an attempt at answering the question. When the thread was opened, the first post was short and did not have the same level of detail as the preview. However, it was discovered that the thread had been duplicated in the Homework Help section, which may have caused some confusion. It was later determined that the issue was likely due to a cache problem. The duplicate thread was eventually found and removed.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/hydrogen-bond-strength.784231/

Preview (hovering the cursor over thread title) shows half dozen lines, and an attempt at answering poster's question; when I open the thread I get a first post that's one line long with none of the preview detail. This thread was duplicated in HW help section --- is there something happening to duplicates when they're removed/merged?Quick edit, found the duplicate

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/hydrogen-bond-strength.784232/

and it's got the same "long preview" but short when actually opened behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I just get the actual post content as preview. Maybe some cache issue?

And I don't see a thread in the homework section.

Just reloaded, and things are working --- we'll call it cache. The duplicate was in Physics rt. HW --- my bad.

Thanks.

Related to Preview and message disagreements

1. What are preview and message disagreements?

Preview and message disagreements refer to when the content displayed in a preview or preview pane does not match the actual content of a message. This can occur due to formatting issues, missing or incorrect data, or other technical errors.

2. How can I fix a preview and message disagreement?

The best way to fix a preview and message disagreement is to check the formatting of the message and make sure all necessary data is included. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page. If the problem continues, it may be a technical issue that needs to be addressed by a developer.

3. Why do preview and message disagreements happen?

Preview and message disagreements can occur due to a variety of reasons, including coding errors, incorrect data, or compatibility issues between different software or email clients. It is important to thoroughly test and review all messages before sending them to avoid these types of errors.

4. Is there a way to prevent preview and message disagreements?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent preview and message disagreements, there are steps that can be taken to minimize the likelihood of them occurring. This includes thoroughly testing messages before sending, using consistent and compatible software and email clients, and regularly updating and maintaining all systems.

5. Can preview and message disagreements affect the delivery of my message?

In some cases, preview and message disagreements can affect the delivery of a message. If the message is flagged as spam or suspicious due to formatting or content discrepancies, it may not reach the intended recipient. It is important to address these issues promptly to ensure the successful delivery of your messages.