Postdoctoral fellow at IQI Caltech

• Thread starter arpharazon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    caltech
In summary, the person briefly introduces themselves as a student in France with a background in computer science, pure mathematics, and theoretical physics. They are currently pursuing a PhD in quantum information and are interested in applying for a postdoc fellowship at IQI Caltech. They ask for information on the institute and any tips for enhancing their chances of getting the fellowship. Another person wishes them luck and the original person thanks them.
arpharazon
Hi everybody,

let me first briefly introduce myself. I study in France, I did a well known engineering school here in the field of computer science (Télécom ParisTech) and graduated both from Pure mathematics and Theoretical Physics (Ecole Normale Supérieure). I am doing now a PhD at CEA Saclay in Quantum information (measurement of entanglement thanks to entropy, categorical formulation of QM etc), and I intend to apply for a postdoc fellowship at IQI Caltech.

I would be grateful if anyone has some information on this institute, mainly: is it hard to get this postdoc fellowship and what are the "things" you'd better do to enhance your chances for getting it?

Thank you all for your help!

Physics news on Phys.org
hey, i don't know much abt suck high degrees but all i can say is GoodLuck man :)

Lol thanks! :) any more enlightened answers?

Related to Postdoctoral fellow at IQI Caltech

What is a postdoctoral fellow at IQI Caltech?

A postdoctoral fellow at IQI Caltech is a researcher who has recently completed their PhD and is now working under the supervision of a senior scientist at the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter at the California Institute of Technology. This position allows for further development and training in a specific field of study.

How long does a postdoctoral fellowship last at IQI Caltech?

The length of a postdoctoral fellowship at IQI Caltech varies depending on the specific project and funding availability. Typically, fellowships last between one to three years, with the possibility of extension.

What are the qualifications for a postdoctoral fellowship at IQI Caltech?

To be eligible for a postdoctoral fellowship at IQI Caltech, an individual must have completed a PhD in a related field and possess strong research skills. They must also demonstrate a passion for their specific research area and have excellent communication and collaboration abilities.

What type of research is conducted by postdoctoral fellows at IQI Caltech?

Postdoctoral fellows at IQI Caltech conduct research in a variety of areas within quantum information and matter, including quantum computing, quantum materials, and quantum gravity. They may also collaborate with other researchers at the institute and participate in seminars and workshops.

What are the benefits of being a postdoctoral fellow at IQI Caltech?

Aside from the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in a highly collaborative and prestigious environment, postdoctoral fellows at IQI Caltech also receive a competitive salary and benefits package. They also have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support their research.