Please help with A/C calculations and phasor diagrams

In summary, calculating A/C values involves using the formula A/C = V/Z, where A/C is current in amperes, V is voltage in volts, and Z is impedance in ohms. Phasor diagrams are used to visually represent voltage and current relationships in A/C circuits, allowing for better problem solving. Negative values in a phasor diagram are represented by arrows pointing in the opposite direction. Impedance, represented by Z, is the combined effect of resistance, capacitance, and inductance, while resistance, represented by R, is the opposition to current flow. To convert between polar and rectangular form in phasor diagrams, use the formulas x + jy = r(cosθ + jsinθ)
Basilnevets
Poster has now been reminded to use the Homework Help Template and to type their work into the forum
I have completed the questions in the attachment I just need someone to tell me if they are correct and I'm doing them right. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 396
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Basil, welcome to PF :smile: !

Interesting stuff, but hard to read. What are the questions ?

I think what you want isn't what PF is about. Please read the guidelines and tell me if I am all wrong.

Teacher will do what you are asking, so what is it you want from PF ?

Likes berkeman
Could you please remove my post. No longer need help.

Related to Please help with A/C calculations and phasor diagrams

1. How do I calculate A/C values?

To calculate A/C values, you need to use the formula A/C = V/Z, where A/C represents the current in amperes, V represents the voltage in volts, and Z represents the impedance in ohms. Simply plug in the values and solve for A/C.

2. What are phasor diagrams used for in A/C calculations?

Phasor diagrams are used to visually represent the magnitude and phase relationships between voltage and current in an A/C circuit. They allow for a better understanding of the behavior of the circuit and can help with solving complex problems.

3. How do I represent negative values in a phasor diagram?

Negative values in a phasor diagram are represented by arrows pointing in the opposite direction of positive values. This indicates a phase shift of 180 degrees.

4. What is the difference between impedance and resistance?

Impedance is the combined effect of resistance, capacitance, and inductance in an A/C circuit, while resistance is the opposition to current flow in a circuit. Impedance is represented by the symbol Z, and resistance is represented by the symbol R.

5. How do I convert between polar and rectangular form in phasor diagrams?

To convert from polar to rectangular form in a phasor diagram, you can use the formula x + jy = r(cosθ + jsinθ), where x and y represent the rectangular coordinates, r represents the magnitude, and θ represents the phase angle. To convert from rectangular to polar form, use the formulas r = √(x² + y²) and θ = tan⁻¹(y/x).