Planet of Earth Energy Crisis.

In summary, the conversation discusses a proposed idea to modify the design of old and new dams/reservoirs in order to increase their energy potential. The idea was developed last year and has been discussed with local experts, but has not received a positive response. The speaker believes that the idea can be implemented through consultation with foreign expertise and through worldwide discussions. The conversation also addresses the potential benefits of this idea in addressing the global energy crisis, but further research and proper consultation is needed before implementation.
Shabbir271065
The Subject matter is all over the World facing Energy problem, So I am trying to
Explain an idea for Old & New Dams / Reservoirs Hydro electric projects Civil Design Geometry Can be modifying in Architectural Transition to increase our energy potential. Because we are Losing heavy quantum of already storage water in our Big Dams and its relevant projects to generate Hydro Electric old technology, Now it must be need to convert into new theory of Scientific Technology as per utilizing in the way of experiment with foreign expertise at any Hydro electric base Model of concern Department or forum to finalize the following unique and entire world Globalize developing idea for its further implementations in the current ongoing and next coming future Hydel projects as soon as possible.

Please consider some point of views as following:

1. Idea come into my mind Last year. Some discussions with local personals in respective field but not proper and positive response yet.

2. Research papers / abstracts need to be develop after consultations subject mater from foreign expertise as like your consideration of interest.

3. Theories & ideas can be implement upon debating at world wide conversations with its facts and figures must be considered.

4. It doesn’t mean that my self have no proper proposal for describing because this one is a serous issue for entire world to escaping the current energy crises.

5. Mechanism / Methodology of idea to implement with Design criteria must be Liaise in near future as well as your kind and positive action.

6. My self keep this idea to preventing not go towards wrong ways, Sir your good self know better to me very well. Because after all it is the property of whole world and its creatures, Which will be fully utilize upon when enhance the capability of electrical energy generate according to the new term of way.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Shabbir, unfortunately your inabilty to speak English and use of an online translater makes your post incomprehensible.

Since rainfall (preciptiation) replenishes the watershed behind a dam, we are not losing any 'quantum' of energy. However, evaporation from a lake will deplete a reservoir, if there is no rainfall in the watershed. Another problem occurs when the weather patterns shift and the watershed experiences prolonged drought. Loss of reservoir is a loss of potential generation.

Reservoirs may also provide municipal water.

The Lake Powell watershed has been experience drought during the last 10 years, however, this year the rainfall is closer to normal and the lake, behind Glen Canyon Dam, is slowly rising. http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/gcd.html

The Missouri River and others in the central US and central Canada are experiencing flooding, record flooding in some cases, this summer.

Hydroelectric projects should be sited where there is a productive river and watershed, and that would typically include a valley. In some cases though care must be taken not to destroy fisheries and forests.

In some cases, the prevailing weather conditions may be amenable to supporting wind turbines which can use the same transmission infrastructure when the dam is not producing due to insufficient flow.

Penstock for any hydroelectric dam is inclined at an angle. I propose that penstock should be given some curvature, this will improve the speed of the water, reaping greater amount of energy. This will improve the efficiency of any hydroelectric power station.

Shabbir271065 said:
Penstock for any hydroelectric dam is inclined at an angle. I propose that penstock should be given some curvature, this will improve the speed of the water, reaping greater amount of energy. This will improve the efficiency of any hydroelectric power station.
I think one needs to study the fluid mechanics of hydroturbines.

See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam#Generators
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_turbine#Theory_of_operation

A curved penstock would add length to the flow and increase drag. The efficiency is more strongly dependent on the turbine design and head (height) of water.

This paper has a diagram of the apparent penstock at Three Gorges Dam.
http://ussdams.com/proceedings/2011Proc/163-172.pdf

Large dams also have to balance hydraulic considerations with geotechnical/seismic considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't understand the original post, but we need to remember that hydroelectric power only provides a few % of our worldwide energy usage, so even a big increase in efficiency, however it were achieved, won't make much of a dent in our energy problem.

Planet of Earth Energy Crisis.

Dear Sir,

The Subject matter is all over the World facing Energy problem, So I am trying to
Explain an idea for Old & New Dams / Reservoirs Hydro electric projects Civil Design Geometry Can be modifying in Architectural Transition to increase our energy potential. Because we are Losing heavy quantum of already storage water in our Big Dams and its relevant projects to generate Hydro Electric old technology, Now it must be need to convert into new theory of Scientific Technology as per utilizing in the way of experiment with foreign expertise at any Hydro electric base Model of concern Department or forum to finalize the following unique and entire world Global developing idea for its further implementations in the current ongoing and next coming future Hydro projects as soon as possible.

Thanks.

with best regards.

RE: Planet of Earth Energy Crisis.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your interest in proposed idea consideration, Due to other sectors & individuals responses take to my self need to be consult a proper forum regarding the situation now I am able to communicate with your good self. Also sorry for some days delaying answer from my side.

Please consider some point of views as following:

1. Idea come into my mind Last year. Some discussions with local personals in respective field but not proper and positive response yet.

2. Research papers / abstracts need to be develop after consultations subject mater from foreign expertise as like your consideration of interest.

3. Theories & ideas can be implement upon debating at world wide conversations with its facts and figures must be considered.

4. It does not mean that my self have no proper proposal for describing because this one is a serous issue for entire world to escaping the current energy crises.

5. Mechanism / Methodology of idea to implement with Design criteria must be Liaise in near future as well as your kind and positive action.

6. My self keep this idea to preventing not go towards wrong ways, Sir your good self know better to me very well. Because after all it is the property of whole world and its creatures, Which will be fully utilize upon when enhance the capability of electrical energy generate according to the new term of way.

Sir about my CV.

My Name is Shabbir.
Qualification: School certificate.
After this go toward Technical Course for Surveyor in 1982.
Then start as Land Surveyor Jobs in different Companies in Pakistan.
During in 30 years jobs mostly work on Topographic & as built Surveys.
Observations & Knowledge come through different Projects and Sites in the due course of my whole life.

Thanks.

Hoping for a positive response will be coming soon as well as your good self reply.

with best regards.

Shabbir (Land Surveyor)

Attachments

• Hydro Power New Proposel.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 250
I took a look at your attached file, and what your are ignoring is the height of the water at the discharge outlet. You made the inlet to the turbine lower thinking this would provide more energy, but in doing so you have lowered the discharge outlet, which results in greater pressure from the reservoir at the outlet. This reduces the total energy available from the system.

If you want this scheme to work, you need to lower the river. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Overly speculative posts aren't allowed here, sorry.

Related to Planet of Earth Energy Crisis.

1. What is the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis"?

The "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis" refers to the depletion of Earth's natural resources and the growing concern over the sustainability of our current energy consumption. It is a global issue that affects the environment, economy, and social well-being of all living beings on Earth.

2. What are the causes of the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis"?

The "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis" is caused by a combination of factors, including overconsumption of fossil fuels, population growth, and inefficient use of energy. The burning of fossil fuels releases harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, leading to climate change and environmental degradation. Additionally, the increasing demand for energy from a growing population puts strain on our finite resources.

3. How does the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis" impact the environment?

The "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis" has a significant impact on the environment. The burning of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases, which contribute to climate change and global warming. This leads to more frequent natural disasters, such as hurricanes, floods, and droughts. The extraction and transportation of fossil fuels also cause air and water pollution, harming ecosystems and wildlife.

4. What are some solutions to the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis"?

There are several solutions to the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis." These include transitioning to renewable energy sources, such as solar, wind, and hydro power, reducing energy consumption through efficiency measures, and promoting sustainable practices. It is also essential to invest in research and development of new technologies and to educate the public on the importance of responsible energy use.

5. How can individuals help to address the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis"?

Individuals can help address the "Planet of Earth Energy Crisis" by making small but impactful changes in their daily lives. This can include reducing energy consumption by turning off lights and electronics when not in use, using public transportation or carpooling, and supporting renewable energy initiatives. Additionally, individuals can also advocate for policies and legislation that promote sustainable energy practices and raise awareness about the issue among their communities.