Physics competition between geniuses

In summary, the conversation was about a poll for the greatest artist or scientist and the participants had different opinions. They discussed famous figures such as Albert Einstein, Newton, Mozart, Michelangelo, and Bach and their contributions. One person even created their own principle, causing laughter among the others. In the end, one person expressed admiration for another participant's actions.

Who is the most talented physicist in this list?

• Aristotle.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Leonardo da Vinci.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Albert Einstein.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Michelangelo.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Michael Faraday.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
jhooper3581
Who wins this time?

I've voted for Albert Einstein. E = mc² is a genius equation!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
......<roll eyes>

Where's Newton?

Mozart? Michelangelo? Do you know what a physicist is?

LOL These polls sure make me laugh :D. I go with Michelangelo

Pengwuino said:
Mozart? Michelangelo? Do you know what a physicist is?

well i guess one thing that physicists have in common with those two is theyre all artists in some way ;)

Donatelo was more of a physicist than Michaelangelo.
Cowabunga dude!

Bach, easily. Everyone is all "Mozart this" and "Mozart that" and "la la la Mozart Mozart Mozart." If it weren't for JS Bach's Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence, there would have been NO MOZART!

LOL I will admit this poll was a bit funny!

I voted for da Vinci cause I didn't want him to feel bad for getting no votes.

Chi Meson said:
Bach, easily. Everyone is all "Mozart this" and "Mozart that" and "la la la Mozart Mozart Mozart." If it weren't for JS Bach's Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence, there would have been NO MOZART!

What's that? A Google search for the phrase "Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence" shows that there is exactly one page on the entire worldwide web that contains the phrase, and it's THIS page.

steve210_368532w.jpg

doc-brown.jpg

mikelepore said:
What's that? A Google search for the phrase "Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence" shows that there is exactly one page on the entire worldwide web that contains the phrase, and it's THIS page.
YES!

I've done it!

That Law is MINE! MINE I tell you!

The Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence:
*ahem*
"In any action in which two or more forces are simultaneously applied to one body, or in any single interaction between two bodies in which there is a simultaneous action and reaction pair of forces, these forces shall occur during the same interval of time."

Last edited:
If I burst into laughter at my work place while being on my computer, it will create an appearance, in the eyes of the fellow workers, that I'm doing something useless with my computer. This thread gives new meaning to "not work safe" sites.

Chi Meson said:
YES!

I've done it!

That Law is MINE! MINE I tell you!

The Principle of Simultaneous Concurrence:
*ahem*
"In any action in which two or more forces are simultaneously applied to one body, or in any single interaction between two bodies in which there is a simultaneous action and reaction pair of forces, these forces shall occur during the same interval of time."

LOL I've never seen that happen before! Good job Chi :D

Forget about this wanna-be lunatic in need of a comb.
einst_rad.jpg

This guy gets my vote.
merlin-rick-wakeman.jpg

Related to Physics competition between geniuses

1. What is a "Physics competition between geniuses"?

A "Physics competition between geniuses" is a competitive event where individuals or teams of scientists and physicists come together to showcase their knowledge and skills in the field of physics. It is a platform for brilliant minds to test their understanding of complex theories and concepts and compete against each other to solve challenging problems and experiments.

2. Who can participate in a "Physics competition between geniuses"?

Anyone with a passion for physics and a strong understanding of its principles and theories can participate in a "Physics competition between geniuses". This can include high school students, college students, and even professional scientists and physicists.

3. What are the benefits of participating in a "Physics competition between geniuses"?

Participating in a "Physics competition between geniuses" can provide numerous benefits, such as sharpening problem-solving skills, expanding knowledge in the field of physics, building teamwork and collaboration skills, and gaining recognition and awards for outstanding performance.

4. How are winners determined in a "Physics competition between geniuses"?

Winners in a "Physics competition between geniuses" are determined based on their performance in various rounds, which can include written exams, hands-on experiments, and team challenges. The individual or team with the highest overall score is declared the winner.

5. Is there a specific format for a "Physics competition between geniuses"?

The format of a "Physics competition between geniuses" can vary depending on the organizer and the level of competition. Some may follow a traditional quiz-style format, while others may involve more hands-on experiments or team challenges. It is important to check the rules and guidelines of the specific competition for more information on the format.