Physics 11 Optic Device Project

In summary, the speaker has a project for Physics 11 that involves creating an optic device using knowledge of concave/convex mirrors and lenses. The project is due on Friday and the speaker is looking for ideas and resources to help them complete it. They mention that they have a good understanding of optics and have achieved a high mark in their class, but are short on time due to studying for another course. They ask if a telescope would be a suitable project, and the other person suggests researching reflecting telescopes and comparing their advantages and disadvantages to refracting telescopes. They provide a link to the Wikipedia page on reflecting telescopes for more information.
shawshank
I have this project for Physics 11, we have to make some sort of optic device using our knowledge of concave/convec mirrors and lens. We have to make it and briefly describe and ****, it's due on friday and i haven't gotten anything. I was wondering if you guys know any good ideas or have a good website, cause I have to study for another course and can't spent much time on this project. I understand optics pretty decently, i got the highest mark in my class 89% on the unit test but I just do'nt have time.

Physics news on Phys.org
is telescope too trivial for this course?

Not if I make it proper and explain it well.

well telescopes, you can find a lot of info about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflecting_telescope

do one of them, then you can tell what is the advantages and disadvantages of each and also why reflecting telescopes are better then refracting.

Related to Physics 11 Optic Device Project

1. What is the purpose of the Physics 11 Optic Device Project?

The purpose of the Physics 11 Optic Device Project is to give students the opportunity to apply their knowledge of optics and light to design and construct a functional optical device. This project allows students to demonstrate their understanding of the principles of optics and how they can be used to create real-world applications.

2. What types of optical devices can be included in this project?

The types of optical devices that can be included in this project are lenses, mirrors, prisms, and other components used to manipulate light. Examples of specific devices could include a telescope, microscope, or camera.

3. What are the key concepts that students should understand for this project?

Students should have a strong understanding of the properties of light, including reflection, refraction, and diffraction. They should also be familiar with the principles of optics, such as the focal length of lenses and the angle of incidence and refraction.

4. How will this project be evaluated?

This project will be evaluated based on the functionality and effectiveness of the optical device, as well as the student's understanding and application of key physics concepts. Other factors that may be considered include the quality of the design and construction, as well as the creativity and originality of the device.

5. What resources are available to students for this project?

Students may use textbooks, online resources, or consult with their teacher for guidance on the design and construction of their optical device. They may also use various materials and tools, such as lenses, mirrors, and prisms, provided by the school or acquired independently.