Photo Contest - A Night At The Museum (11/9-11/15)

In summary, the photo contest's theme is "A Night at the Museum" and participants can submit up to three photos by November 15th. The photos must be taken at a museum at night, follow specific guidelines, and will be judged based on creativity and impact. Winners will be announced on November 20th and featured on the contest's website and social media pages.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A Night At The Museum

The photo for this week's contest must be taken either inside, or on the grounds, of a museum. Please include the identification of the museum along with your photo submission.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Physics news on Phys.org
This photo is from The Museum of Foteviken:

"The Museum of Foteviken is one of the largest archeological open air museums in Scandinavia. Visit the world's only fully reconstructed Viking Town."

It's neither night nor indoors, but I think it's according to the rules, right? Otherwise Zapper can zap the photo :smile:.

10759768784_ae7f0876fe_o.jpg

Cleveland Museum of Art:

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/8533/mfxm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beetles Museum. :biggrin:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2820/ykjc.jpg

DennisN said:
It's neither night nor indoors, but I think it's according to the rules, right? Otherwise Zapper can zap the photo :smile:.

Photos need not be taken at night, nor do they have to be indoors. As long as a photo is part of the museum complex, it qualifies.

Zz.

The Lofotr Viking Museum

marzena_museum.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22026080/a-nightwatch-in-a-museum.jpg

A Night Watch at the Museum.

Likes 1 person
High up in the ceiling at the Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry.

IMG_9510_zps65612efa.jpg

Whenever we go there, I usually end up being the unofficial tour guide of our group. I wonder why? :)

Zz.

Lol Zz :)

Ribarski Muzej Vrboska - AKA Fishing Museum, Vrboska, Hvar island

marcin_night_at_museum.jpg

Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

At the Optical Museum in Jena, Germany (home of the Carl Zeiss company):

http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/images/mirrors.jpg

The only thing this picture is missing is smoke.

Marzena said:
The Lofotr Viking Museum

marzena_museum.jpg

I actually saw this one on TV a couple of weeks ago, on a reality-TV show, the "Amazing Race", in which teams travel around the world doing goofy tasks. After stringing cod heads in a nearby fish-processing plant, they came here where they were greeted by carousing Vikings before being sent to their next destination... Gdansk, Poland!

jtbell said:
I actually saw this one on TV a couple of weeks ago, on a reality-TV show, the "Amazing Race", in which teams travel around the world doing goofy tasks. After stringing cod heads in a nearby fish-processing plant, they came here where they were greeted by carousing Vikings before being sent to their next destination... Gdansk, Poland!
I'll have to add this to my bucket list. :-p
Borg was the home of a Viking chieftain over 1000 years ago. Today, Borg is the location of Lofotr, a living museum of the Viking chieftain's village.

Related to Photo Contest - A Night At The Museum (11/9-11/15)

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "A Night at the Museum". Participants are encouraged to capture and submit photos of museums at night, showcasing the unique and captivating atmosphere that can only be experienced after dark.

2. When is the submission deadline for the photo contest?

The submission deadline for the photo contest is November 15th. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on this date to be considered.

3. How many photos can I submit to the contest?

Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of three photos to the contest. Any additional entries will not be considered.

4. Are there any specific guidelines for the photos?

Yes, there are a few guidelines that must be followed for the photos to be eligible for the contest. The photos must be taken at a museum, at night, and should not contain any explicit or offensive content. Additionally, the photos should be in high resolution and in either JPEG or PNG format.

5. How will the winners be selected?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on the creativity, originality, and overall impact of the photos. The winners will be announced on November 20th and will be notified via email. The winning photos will also be featured on our website and social media pages.