Pf version 4, profile contact details

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to change the email associated with a Physics Forums account. The first step is to go to "MY PF" and then "Contact details" where the email field is visible. However, the field only displays the member name and not the current email address. This may be due to a browser issue. The suggested solution is to clear the browser cache and re-login. Additionally, the presence of Norton 360 Identity Safe may also affect the prefilling of the email field.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
My account contact -details shows a field for Email, but no email information of my account is shown. Also, in case I want to change my email account for Physics Forums account, how and exactly where is this done?

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to "MY PF", then go to "Contact details". The first thing you see is "email".

Likes Greg Bernhardt
DataGG said:
Go to "MY PF", then go to "Contact details". The first thing you see is "email".
I already found that which is why I asked the question. Would I just fill my intended different email address and click to SAVE? The field shows just my member name prefilled, which is NOT identical to my current email address for my forum membership.

symbolipoint said:
I already found that which is why I asked the question. Would I just fill my intended different email address and click to SAVE? The field shows just my member name prefilled, which is NOT identical to my current email address for my forum membership.
That is strange. Your current email should be populated in it. Try clearing your browser cache and relogin.

The prefilling is an effect of Norton 360 Identity Safe, and the field probably means what its label means. I'm in a new browser session now and my forum member name is present in that field along with the Norton styled icon.

Related to Pf version 4, profile contact details

1. What is Pf version 4?

Pf version 4 is a software program used for managing and organizing contact details for individuals or organizations.

2. How is Pf version 4 different from previous versions?

Pf version 4 has updated features and a more user-friendly interface compared to previous versions. It also has improved security measures to protect sensitive contact information.

3. Can Pf version 4 be accessed from multiple devices?

Yes, Pf version 4 is a web-based program and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. It also has a mobile app for easy access on smartphones and tablets.

4. Is it possible to import existing contact details into Pf version 4?

Yes, Pf version 4 has a feature that allows you to import contacts from other programs or devices. This can save time and effort in manually entering each contact.

5. How secure is the contact information stored in Pf version 4?

Pf version 4 has strict security measures in place to protect the contact details stored in the program. It uses encryption technology and requires user authentication to access the information. It also has regular backups to ensure no data is lost.