Partial linearly distributed load on cantilever beam

In summary, the person is asking for help with determining the bending moment distribution along a cantilever beam with a partial linearly distributed load. They have already tried using cuts and equations, but have encountered a strange bending moment distribution that becomes increasingly negative instead of reaching zero. They are open to receiving suggestions and are willing to post their equations for further assistance.
Sahdev
I have a partial linearly distributed load on a cantilever and would to determine the bending moment distribution along the beam.

PartialLDL_zpsea1afec9.png

I usually do this by taking cuts along different sections of the beam and finding the expressions for shear force and bending moment. However when I do this for this beam, I end up with a strange bending moment distribution. Something like:

BM_zpsc6533186.png

The distribution leading up to the load is nice and linear and seems fine.

However instead of leading up to zero it starts becoming more negative, can anyone suggest where I may have gone wrong. I can post up the equations I have been using if that helps. Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please post your equations. I'm interested to see how you arrived at your results.

Related to Partial linearly distributed load on cantilever beam

What is a partial linearly distributed load on a cantilever beam?

A partial linearly distributed load on a cantilever beam is a type of load that is applied gradually across the length of the beam, with the magnitude of the load increasing linearly from one end to the other. This type of load is commonly used in engineering and physics to simulate real-life situations where the load on a beam is not uniform.

How is the magnitude of a partial linearly distributed load determined?

The magnitude of a partial linearly distributed load is typically determined by the total weight or force that needs to be supported by the beam. This weight or force is then spread out evenly across the length of the beam, resulting in a linear increase in load from one end to the other.

What factors can affect the behavior of a cantilever beam under a partial linearly distributed load?

The behavior of a cantilever beam under a partial linearly distributed load can be affected by several factors, including the material properties of the beam, the dimensions and geometry of the beam, and the magnitude and distribution of the load. Other factors such as temperature, moisture, and external forces can also play a role in the beam's behavior.

How is the deflection of a cantilever beam under a partial linearly distributed load calculated?

The deflection of a cantilever beam under a partial linearly distributed load can be calculated using various mathematical equations and principles, such as the Euler-Bernoulli beam theory. The specific method used will depend on the beam's geometry and the type of load applied.

What are some real-life applications of partial linearly distributed loads on cantilever beams?

Partial linearly distributed loads on cantilever beams are commonly used in various engineering and construction projects, such as bridges, buildings, and other structures. They are also used in physics experiments and simulations to study the behavior of beams under different loading conditions.