Parameters for a four bar mechanism

In summary, a four bar mechanism is a type of mechanical linkage that uses four hinged bars to create a desired motion or function. The parameters of a four bar mechanism include the length of each bar, the location and orientation of the four pivot points, and the input and output angles or displacements. These parameters affect the type and range of motion the mechanism can produce, and they can be changed to modify its motion. Four bar mechanisms have a wide range of real world applications, including car engines, bicycle pedals, and industrial machinery.
theone

Homework Statement

I am given a four bar mechanism and the mathematical representation of a point on the coupler
I am looking for ways to determine the lengths of the linkages from this information?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I really have no idea

Physics news on Phys.org
ANd I have no idea what this is about. Proofread what you post and ask yourself what someone else than yourself needs to help you further

Related to Parameters for a four bar mechanism

1. What is a four bar mechanism?

A four bar mechanism is a type of mechanical linkage that uses four hinged bars to create a desired motion or function. It is commonly used in machines and devices such as engines, pumps, and steering mechanisms.

2. What are the parameters of a four bar mechanism?

The parameters of a four bar mechanism include the length of each bar, the location and orientation of the four pivot points, and the input and output angles or displacements.

3. How do the parameters affect the motion of a four bar mechanism?

The parameters of a four bar mechanism determine the type and range of motion it can produce. For example, the length of the bars and the position of the pivot points affect the speed and force of the mechanism, while the input and output angles determine the direction and magnitude of the motion.

4. Can the parameters of a four bar mechanism be changed?

Yes, the parameters of a four bar mechanism can be changed to modify its motion. For example, adjusting the length of the bars or the location of the pivot points can change the speed, force, and range of motion of the mechanism.

5. What are some real world applications of four bar mechanisms?

Four bar mechanisms are commonly used in various machines and devices, such as car engines, bicycle pedals, and windshield wipers. They are also used in robotics and industrial machinery for tasks such as lifting, rotating, and gripping objects.