Out of balance rotating system

In summary, the conversation discusses a rotor assembly with out-of-balance rotor discs in planes A, B, and C. The out-of-balance mass x radius products in planes A and C are given. It is mentioned that the system is in static balance, and the values of mBrB and \ThetaB need to be determined. In part b, it is mentioned that the system will be dynamically balanced by adding balancing masses in planes A and C, and their values and angular positions need to be determined. A helpful resource is suggested for calculating these values.
Bravemeister
Figure Q4. illustrates a rotor assembly with out-of-balance rotor discs in planes A, B
and C. The out-of-balance mass x radius products in planes A and C are as
indicated in the figure. The out-of-balance mBrB in plane B and its angular position [itex]\Theta[/itex]B
are such that the system is in static balance.

(a) Determine the values of mBrB and [itex]\Theta[/itex]B.

(b) If the system is to be dynamically balanced by adding balancing masses m1r1
and m2r2 in planes A and C, respectively, determine their values and angular
positions [itex]\Theta[/itex]1 and [itex]\Theta[/itex]2.

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• out of balance.jpg
    out of balance.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What don't you understand about part a?

well how to do it, in my lecture notes I says to take moments about a point, so I chose to go about point A. so from that I drew a moment polygon. I need to find sommething called a closing vectpr, I presume so thwt from point C I cwn return to point A therefore using some angles and other maths calculate a values for the question. I just don't know how to ge the closing vector.

sorry for the horrid spelling my tablet keyboard is crap

Related to Out of balance rotating system

What is an out of balance rotating system?

An out of balance rotating system is a mechanical system that is not evenly distributed around its axis of rotation, causing an imbalance and resulting in vibrations or oscillations.

What are the causes of an out of balance rotating system?

The most common causes of an out of balance rotating system are uneven distribution of mass, misalignment of components, and wear and tear on rotating parts.

How does an out of balance rotating system affect performance?

An out of balance rotating system can cause excessive vibrations, which can lead to decreased efficiency, increased wear and tear on components, and potentially even system failure.

How can an out of balance rotating system be identified?

An out of balance rotating system can be identified through visual inspection, vibration analysis, and balancing tests. Unusual noises, excessive vibrations, and increased wear on components are also signs of an out of balance system.

What can be done to correct an out of balance rotating system?

To correct an out of balance rotating system, the cause of the imbalance must be identified and addressed. This may involve adjusting or replacing components, aligning the system, or performing a balancing procedure to redistribute the mass evenly.