Organic chemistry reaction Help .

In summary, organic chemistry is the study of carbon-containing compounds found in living organisms and created synthetically in a lab. Organic chemistry reactions involve breaking and forming bonds between carbon atoms, and can be balanced by adjusting coefficients. Common types of reactions include substitution, elimination, addition, and oxidation-reduction. Predicting products of organic chemistry reactions requires understanding functional groups, reactivity, and reaction mechanisms.
nishantve1
Organic chemistry reaction Help . !URGENT!

Homework Statement

I can't type the O-Compounds so here's the Question
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41389643/Photo%2001-03-12%204%2047%2021%20PM%20%281%29.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

This is the first time I came across fuming . It will be really great if someone explains me what it is or provides me with a link to a certain website that explains .
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Organic chemistry reaction Help .

1. What is organic chemistry?

Organic chemistry is the study of compounds that contain carbon. These compounds are found in living organisms and can also be created synthetically in a lab.

2. What are organic chemistry reactions?

Organic chemistry reactions are chemical processes that involve the breaking and forming of bonds between carbon atoms. These reactions can create new compounds or change the structure of existing ones.

3. How do I balance organic chemistry reactions?

To balance organic chemistry reactions, you need to make sure that the number of atoms of each element is the same on both sides of the reaction. This can be achieved by adjusting the coefficients in front of each molecule.

4. What are some common types of organic chemistry reactions?

Some common types of organic chemistry reactions include substitution, elimination, addition, and oxidation-reduction reactions. Each type of reaction follows a specific set of rules and mechanisms.

5. How can I predict the products of an organic chemistry reaction?

To predict the products of an organic chemistry reaction, you need to understand the functional groups present in the starting materials and the reactivity of those groups. There are also general trends and rules that can help guide predictions, but experience and knowledge of reaction mechanisms are essential for accurate predictions.