Organic Chemistry: Aromatic Compounds

In summary, the speaker is asking for assistance with their thread title and a question they have posted. They also suggest being patient when waiting for a response. The title is changed to be more appropriate and the speaker provides a link for additional information on the topic.
UNknown 2010
Hello,

Is there any mistake ?

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7462/90558873jn1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I think the title of the topic is not clear so that I did not receive any reply.

Please, change it to a suitable title.

UNknown 2010 said:
I think the title of the topic is not clear so that I did not receive any reply.

Please, change it to a suitable title.
I think that you may have to wait a little longer than three hours to get a response, as I've said before, please be patient.

I've changed the title of the thread to something more appropriate. Next time I suggest you chose your title more careful when you originally post the thread.

UNknown 2010 said:
Hello,

Is there any mistake ?

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7462/90558873jn1.png

Yes for question number one.

http://blog.para-gen.com/2008/07/141/friedel-crafts-acylation.html

For question number two you may want to mention resonance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Organic Chemistry: Aromatic Compounds

1. What are aromatic compounds?

Aromatic compounds are organic compounds that contain a benzene ring or other similar ring structure. These compounds have a distinct smell and are often used in perfumes and flavorings.

2. How are aromatic compounds different from other organic compounds?

Aromatic compounds have a unique structure that includes a ring of atoms with alternating single and double bonds. This structure gives them special properties and makes them more stable than other organic compounds.

3. What are some examples of aromatic compounds?

Some common examples of aromatic compounds include benzene, toluene, and xylene. These compounds are often used as solvents, in the production of plastics, and in the synthesis of other organic compounds.

4. How are aromatic compounds named?

Aromatic compounds are typically named using the prefix "benzene" followed by the name of the substituents attached to the ring. For example, toluene is named as methylbenzene.

5. How are aromatic compounds used in the real world?

Aromatic compounds have a variety of uses in the real world, including as solvents, in the production of plastics and synthetic fibers, in the manufacture of medicines and pesticides, and as flavorings and fragrances. They are also used in the production of dyes and pigments.