ODE for 2 RC circuits in series

In summary, Nikola is seeking help to find a differential equation for their circuit, which has a current source as input and an output voltage U. They need this ODE to determine the system's mathematical response. The picture provided only includes simulation data and does not show the entire circuit. Nikola is looking for a single equation that will give them the system's response for any input current. They are currently having difficulty constructing this ODE and are seeking assistance.
ntmkd
Dear all,

I have problem to find the differential equation for my circuit shown in the attached picture.

For input I have a current source, and the output is the voltage U (the voltage between the first and the ground node). I need the ODE to find the mathematical response of the system.

Thank you very much for all answers.

Cheers,
Nikola

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 407
Physics news on Phys.org
Part of your picture has been cut off so we cannot see some of the data. Thus will actually be a sytem of equations, or a matrix equation, not a single equation, with a different equation (or line of the matrix) for each "side" of the circuit. I believe I count 6 such equations.

Hi Hallsoflvy,

thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I know that the picture is cut off, just because the data is not important. Actually, I am not interested in any numerical values, the component values on the picture is only for some simulation to check the correctness of the formula that I will get, but unfortunately so far I didn't get the formula that I need.

Also, I know that there will be more equations to solve the circuit. But at the end, I am interested i only one equation that will give me the answer of the system (the output voltage), according the input of the system (applied current). If I describe the system with this kind of ODE, I can get the system's response for any different input current. That is what I need, but I have some problems to construct this ODE :) Hope someone can help me :)

Thanks a lot,
Nikola

Related to ODE for 2 RC circuits in series

1. What is an ODE for 2 RC circuits in series?

An ODE (ordinary differential equation) for 2 RC circuits in series is a mathematical representation of the behavior of two resistive-capacitive (RC) circuits connected in a series configuration. It describes the relationship between the voltage across the capacitors and the current flowing through the resistors in the circuit.

2. How is the ODE for 2 RC circuits in series derived?

The ODE for 2 RC circuits in series is derived from Kirchhoff's laws, which state that the sum of the voltages in a closed loop must equal zero and the sum of the currents at a junction must also equal zero. By applying these laws to the series RC circuit, we can create a differential equation that describes the circuit's behavior.

3. What are the variables in the ODE for 2 RC circuits in series?

The variables in the ODE for 2 RC circuits in series are the voltage across the capacitors (Vc1 and Vc2) and the current flowing through the resistors (I1 and I2). These variables are related to each other through the circuit's components, such as the resistances (R1 and R2) and capacitances (C1 and C2).

4. How is the ODE for 2 RC circuits in series solved?

The ODE for 2 RC circuits in series can be solved using various mathematical techniques, such as separation of variables, substitution, or using Laplace transforms. The solution will depend on the specific parameters and initial conditions of the circuit, such as the values of the resistors and capacitors, as well as the initial voltage and current values.

5. What is the significance of the ODE for 2 RC circuits in series in real-world applications?

The ODE for 2 RC circuits in series is important in understanding the behavior of electronic circuits, as many real-world applications involve series RC circuits. These include filters, oscillators, and timing circuits in electronic devices. By solving the ODE, we can predict the circuit's response to different input signals and design more efficient and reliable electronic systems.