Odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in texas hold'em

• Thread starter bozo the clown
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Row
In summary, the odds of being dealt 'AA' three times in a row in Texas Holdem depends on various factors such as the player's position and the cards dealt to other players. The probability can be calculated based on the number of possible combinations. For a single hand, the odds are (4x3)/(52x51). The probability for three consecutive hands is that number cubed. However, calculating the odds for a longer sequence of hands is more complex. Additionally, the probability of being dealt 'AA' twice in a row is 1 in 221, not 222.
bozo the clown
What are the odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in texas holdem.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It would depend upon which layer you are and what other players got-- odds could be dependent on how you calculate them
for example if you were first player and you got A it owuld be 4/52 but if you were second player and the first player got A it would be 3/51 if first player got A but 4/51 if they did not.

From complete blind odds- a calculation could be done but I am too tired for ACT to do that now

McCurdy is wrong. Since all the other cards are hidden, the probability of AA is (4x3)/(52x51) for anyone hand. The probability for 3 times in a row is that no. cubed. If you are talking about a long sequence of hands, the probability of 3 in a row some time is more complicated.

my method implied a little cheating :)

hey don't pretend it doesn't happen in cards

I I am talking about 'pocket aces' the 2 cards each player is dealt at start of round now the odds of being dealt 2 aces is 1 in 222 therefore
222*222*222 = 10,941,048 - 1 am I correct

so I basically did the equivalent of winning a small fortune on the lottery except all I won was about $50

Minor quibble. According to my calculation, the odds are 1 in 221, not 222.

Related to Odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in texas hold'em

What are the odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em?

The odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em are approximately 1 in 105,000.

How do you calculate the odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em?

To calculate the odds, you can use the formula (1/50) x (1/49) x (1/48) = 1 in 105,000. This takes into account the probability of being dealt an 'AA' on the first, second, and third hand, assuming a full deck of 52 cards.

What factors can affect the odds of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em?

The odds can be affected by the number of players at the table, the skill level of the players, and how the deck is shuffled. Additionally, if players are using multiple decks or if there are wild cards in play, the odds may be different.

Is it more likely to be dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em if you have already been dealt 'AA'?

No, each hand of Texas Hold'em is independent of the previous one. This means that being dealt 'AA' in one hand does not increase or decrease the chances of being dealt 'AA' in the next hand.

What are the chances of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row in Texas Hold'em over multiple games?

The chances of being dealt 'AA' 3 times in a row over multiple games of Texas Hold'em are still approximately 1 in 105,000. Each game is an independent event, so the odds do not change regardless of how many games are played.