No Deleting Posts: Can Contributing Members?

• Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of "No Deleting Posts: Can Contributing Members?" is to maintain the integrity of discussions and contributions on a forum or platform. A contributing member is someone who actively participates in discussions and contributes meaningful content. Editing posts is allowed and encouraged, but heavily editing multiple times may be seen as disruptive. If a post is accidentally deleted, a moderator or administrator can restore it. In some cases, deleting a post may be allowed if it violates community guidelines or terms of service, but it is best to check with a moderator or administrator before doing so.
Chen
Can we no longer delete our posts? Not even contributing members? :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Sure you can. Hit the edit button on the post.

- Warren

Let's see if I can delete this one.

Like I said:

Attachments

• nodelete.PNG
    nodelete.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 472
Err.. maybe we loused up some permissions. I'll check on it.

- Warren

Okay Chen, the permissions weren't set right. You (and all you wonderful contributors) should be all fixed up now.

- Warren

Thank you Warren. :smile:

Related to No Deleting Posts: Can Contributing Members?

1. What is the purpose of "No Deleting Posts: Can Contributing Members?"

The purpose of this rule is to maintain the integrity of discussions and contributions on a forum or platform. It ensures that all posts and comments remain visible and accessible to other members, promoting transparency and accountability.

2. Who is considered a "contributing member"?

A contributing member is someone who actively participates in discussions and contributes meaningful content to the forum or platform. This can include posting original thoughts, sharing relevant information, and engaging in respectful discussions with other members.

3. Can I edit my posts instead of deleting them?

Yes, in most cases, editing your posts is allowed and encouraged. This allows you to make corrections or add additional information without completely removing your contribution. However, it is important to note that heavily editing a post multiple times may be seen as disruptive and should be avoided.

4. What happens if I accidentally delete a post?

If you accidentally delete a post, you can contact a moderator or administrator to see if it can be restored. However, it is important to be mindful of your actions and avoid deleting posts unless absolutely necessary.

5. Is there ever a situation where deleting a post is allowed?

In some cases, deleting a post may be allowed if it violates the forum or platform's community guidelines or terms of service. This can include posts containing hate speech, inappropriate content, or personal information about other members. However, it is always best to check with a moderator or administrator before deleting a post in these circumstances.