News, Tech, Polly Reporter

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about having threads created by Greg's news bots not appear in the "New Posts" search. While some users are not in favor of this idea, others suggest making it a user option. However, implementing this feature would require significant coding and there are also concerns about these threads not being relevant to Physics Forums.
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Would you guys like to have threads created by Greg's news bots not shown in the "New Posts" search?

- Warren

Physics news on Phys.org
No,

but in case I'm in the minority, is there a way to have it be a user option?

I'd like to make it a user option, but it looks like it'll take quite a bit of coding to accomplish. Same goes for new posts in sci.physics.research and sci.physics.strings.

- Warren

Yes, definitely don't want them to show up in my getnew. :redface: I don't see what it has to do with Physics Forums anyway, if I wanted to discuss politics and world affairs I would go to a Politics and World Affairs Forums. :wink:

I'll look into what'll be necessary to add some checkboxes to the User Options page...

- Warren

Related to News, Tech, Polly Reporter

What is "News, Tech, Polly Reporter"?

"News, Tech, Polly Reporter" is a digital news platform that provides the latest news and updates on technology, science, and politics. It covers a wide range of topics including new gadgets, scientific breakthroughs, and political developments.

Who runs "News, Tech, Polly Reporter"?

"News, Tech, Polly Reporter" is run by a team of experienced journalists, scientists, and tech enthusiasts. They work together to curate and deliver accurate and reliable news to their audience.

How often is "News, Tech, Polly Reporter" updated?

"News, Tech, Polly Reporter" is updated multiple times a day to ensure that the latest news and developments are covered in a timely manner.

Can I trust the information on "News, Tech, Polly Reporter"?

Yes, "News, Tech, Polly Reporter" prides itself on providing accurate and reliable information. The team follows strict journalistic standards and fact-checks all news before publishing it.

Is "News, Tech, Polly Reporter" biased towards a certain political or technological viewpoint?

No, "News, Tech, Polly Reporter" aims to present news and information objectively and without bias. The team strives to provide a diverse range of perspectives on various topics to give readers a well-rounded understanding of current events.