New Scripting Language on the Horizon: TrumpScript

In summary, Trump's Script is a programming language that thinks and acts like Donald Trump. It passes the Turing test and attempts to collect money from users' bank accounts.
http://thenextweb.com/us/2016/01/22...donald/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard

Some Features
  • No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
  • All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
  • There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
  • Instead of True and False, we have fact and lie.
  • Only the most popular English words, Trump’s favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
  • Error messages are mostly quotes directly taken from Trump himself.

Likes Silicon Waffle, berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Science news on Phys.org
I can't believe he came so far. My best argument has been: Even me with my poor English, without much practice, I could right away hold a Trump speech. No problem. At most I needed a couple of minutes to grab some pseudo-facts from the internet to pretend knowledge.
Seemingly this isn't argument against him.

It even has a GitHub page! :oldlaugh:

This is going to be HUGE!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
lisab said:
Haha I see what you did there :)

Likes lisab and Silicon Waffle
I thought of writing a simple "Hello World" program but was afraid I'd get the response:

You're FIRED!

Likes Silicon Waffle
The guy makes me cringe!.. Looking at the other side I cringe too though

Likes Silicon Waffle
lisab said:

Make that YUGE!

Likes lisab, Silicon Waffle and Greg Bernhardt
We need a faceoff between TrumpScript and ArnoldC!

Likes DennisN
The TS program says: You're FIRED!

and the AS program responds: You're terminated

and so Arnold wins the presidency on the rebirther ticket.

It builds a firewall around your computer and won't let you in?

Likes lisab and Greg Bernhardt
micromass said:
Breaking news! The Turing test has been passed. We now officially have something that we cannot know is a human or a machine. We call it "Donald Trump". You can talk to him here: http://fusion.net/story/244366/donald-trump-markov-chain-bot/

Huh. Just random Trump quotations. Nor ready for prime time, if you ask me.

Hornbein said:
It builds a firewall around your computer and won't let you in?
Plus it tries to collect money from your bank account for doing so.

Hornbein said:
Huh. Just random Trump quotations. Nor ready for prime time, if you ask me.
That's the point, though. It's indistinguishable from the real thing so it passes the Turing test.

Likes collinsmark and fresh_42
jtbell said:
We need a faceoff between TrumpScript and ArnoldC!
Thanks for this post jtbell, I had never heard of ArnoldC! Hilarious! :oldlaugh:

Related to New Scripting Language on the Horizon: TrumpScript

1. What is TrumpScript?

TrumpScript is a new scripting language created as a humorous parody of former US President Donald Trump's language and mannerisms.

2. How does TrumpScript differ from other programming languages?

TrumpScript uses a unique syntax and vocabulary that imitates Donald Trump's speech patterns, such as replacing "false" with "fake" and "true" with "great". It also includes features like wall-based security and alternative fact data types.

3. Is TrumpScript a serious programming language?

No, TrumpScript was created as a joke and is not intended for serious use. It is meant to be a satirical commentary on politics and programming languages.

4. Who created TrumpScript?

TrumpScript was created by a team of programmers at Rice University in 2015 as a project for a computer science course. It has since gained popularity and has been continuously updated by other contributors.

5. Can TrumpScript be used for real projects?

While TrumpScript is not suitable for serious projects, it can be used for fun or educational purposes. However, it is not recommended for professional use as it lacks many important features and is not actively maintained.