New Planet: Earth-Like | Would You Go?

In summary, the person would go to the new planet if they could get on the passenger list for the new spacecraft, but they would only go if they could bring their wife too. They would name the new planet "ib" and would hope to not see another human for at least two years.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
It is Earth like, and reachable in a reasonable time, with new spaceship design, only (basic) tools and equiptment can be transported with you,
would you go?

Physics news on Phys.org
round trip or colonization?

If its a visit sign me up. If not then Il stay here.

Azael said:
round trip or colonization?

If its a visit sign me up. If not then Il stay here.

Hmmm, may be it could be advertized as round trip :rolleyes:

wolram said:
It is Earth like, and reachable in a reasonable time, with new spaceship design, only (basic) tools and equiptment can be transported with you,
would you go?
Only if I can get on PF, watch Bugs Bunny cartoons and have the final say of who can go to the new planet. :devil:

Evo said:
Only if I can get on PF, watch Bugs Bunny cartoons and have the final say of who can go to the new planet. :devil:

There would be about four men to every woman to start with :biggrin:

hell yeah, i could just set a flag on a mountain and name it on my first name!
and chose the biggest sea on the plalet to be my swimming pool!

wolram said:
Oooh, you're one of my choices right? You "are" coming, right? There isn't a "How to serve man" book involved, is there? :rolleyes:

i would name the planet... "ib" ... its such a good name :P

but what is reachable ? 50 years ? :P

i can't live 50 years without my noodles and... noodles...

Evo said:
Oooh, you're one of my choices right? You "are" coming, right? There isn't a "How to serve man" book involved, is there? :rolleyes:

I am going, and hope to not see another human for at least two years, after that time i may venture out and capture me a female.:biggrin:

Everyone note: physics lab equipment doesn't count as basic tools and equipment.

Or does it?

Office_Shredder said:
Everyone note: physics lab equipment doesn't count as basic tools and equipment.

Or does it?

That would depend on you, if you think you can survive with only lab equipment :biggrin:

wolram said:
Why bring the woman? :confused:

arildno said:
:smile: :biggrin:

Like my wife says: If they can put a man on the moon, why can't they put all of them on the moon?

As to the question, I would go for the ride, not for the destination.

Last edited:
wolram said:
That let's me off the hook.

wolram said:
I am going
Likewise... :-p

if you want build up the population fast
4 women per man would work better

ray b said:
if you want build up the population fast
4 women per man would work better

:smile: :smile: :smile: I bet we'd still find a way to screw up that planet too though...

arildno said:

Greedy or what? , mind you if genetic engineering has gone to
the extremes of male reproduction :smile:

Related to New Planet: Earth-Like | Would You Go?

1. What makes this new planet Earth-like?

This new planet has a similar size, composition, and distance from its star as Earth. It also has liquid water on its surface, which is essential for supporting life.

2. How far away is this new planet from Earth?

The new planet is located approximately 20 light years away, making it relatively close in astronomical terms. However, it would still take thousands of years to travel there with current technology.

3. How do we know that this planet is habitable?

Scientists have used various methods, such as observing the planet's orbit and analyzing its atmosphere, to determine that this planet has the potential to support life. However, further research and exploration would be needed to confirm its habitability.

4. What are the challenges of traveling to and living on this new planet?

One of the biggest challenges would be the distance and time it would take to travel there. The planet's environment would also be vastly different from Earth, potentially requiring significant adaptations for human survival. Additionally, establishing a sustainable and self-sufficient colony on a new planet would be a monumental task.

5. Would it be possible to return to Earth after settling on this new planet?

With current technology, it would not be possible to return to Earth from this new planet. The journey would be too long and the resources needed for such a trip would be limited. Settlers would likely have to commit to living on the new planet for the rest of their lives.